The Total Rewards Specialist / HR Generalist, US is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. While candidates living in the Greater Boston Area are preferred, all candidates will be considered who reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, or Los Angeles.
Some travel is required for internal meetings, conferences, etc.
We are in search of a qualified and resourceful HR Generalist who has strong benefits experience to support our Talent department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations with a focus on total rewards. Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Manager, this position will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions such as onboarding, offboarding, compensation, benefits, compliance, and other HR functions. At Acceleration Partners we understand that our business thrives when our people thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of HR or People Operations work experience which aligns to all of these values and with some exposure or working experience with total rewards. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for all projects she/he participates in, to ensure we are providing the best resources and support for all of our team members. She/he will also have a history of embracing relationships within a firm and across all levels. And, this person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by consistently evaluating refinements to the HR process showing a passion for continued learning and improvement.
This individual will be the front-line support for all of our 170+ employees in our Americas region and will be responsible for communication, implementation, administration, and execution of a variety of employee benefit programs as well as improving our employee value proposition, internal processes, and compliance efforts. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong interest in total rewards that comes from a larger organization and looking to have a larger impact on a smaller, yet fast growing organization, with anticipated US headcount growing 4x over the next 4-5 years.
This is a unique position where this individual will serve as a joint HR Generalist & Total Rewards Specialist. Over the course of the next 6-12 months this position will transition to primary responsibilities as Total Rewards Specialist as our team continues to grow. During this timeframe this individual will be supporting large initiatives related to PEO Migration, M&A Activities, and researching new benefit and rewards programs for our employees.
Our internal standards of excellence are high and this role will carry a wide variety of responsibilities in Benefits Administration, Employee Perks, Employee Relations, Policy Implementation, Employment Law Compliance, Compensation Practices, Employee Communications, HRIS administration, and other related responsibilities. This role will require the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and influencers while working autonomously.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- General Administration and Support –Maintain integrity of HRIS records and compile reports as needed. Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leave, benefits, and resolve any issues that may arise. Maintain compliance with electronic employee files. Miscellaneous other HR administration including but not limited to; employment verifications, I-9 processing, information change approvals, and maintaining the global holiday calendar. Administer and monitor our feedback platform along with our Senior HR Manager and VP, Talent and Culture.
- Benefits, Compensation and Leave Administration –Working closely with the Senior HR Manager, global entities and PEO providers, perform benefit administration duties and communicate benefit information to our employees. Maintain regional benefit overview documents and summaries. Partner with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing and support the general administration of our compensation program.
- Policy Compliance and Employment Law – Support the Senior HR Manager with the preparation, maintenance, and implementation of Americas employee policies and policy manuals. Maintain and ensure compliance with local, state, and national labor law regulations. Maintain knowledge and be a champion of employment law for the Americas region.
- Onboarding and Offboarding – Administer the employee onboarding process ensuring a smooth transition from the recruiting team as a new employee and securing employee needs. Handle offboarding processes including preparing notices and other paperwork, and facilitating the administrative process.
- Project Support: Provide project support to the Senior HR Manager and the VP, Talent & Culture on various activities related to PEO Migration, M&A activities, exploring new benefits/programs, and employee engagement projects. Support may include data entry, research, reporting, data analysis, document creation, logistical support or other tasks as needed.
You are great for this role if you:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations.
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence when speaking to an audience or with executives
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have superior organization and time management skills, and are capable of coordinating/prioritizing several projects at once
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a consistent attention to detail
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos especially while navigating ambiguity
- Can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations
- Are a people person, what brings you joy is supporting employees and instilling a sense of ease and happiness into their day
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of progressive human resources and/or people operations experience required, ideally in rapid and complex changing work environments
- Bachelor’s degree required in human resources, business administration, or a related field; HR certifications a plus
- Solid understanding of employment laws, HR best practices and personnel and compliance records management
- Strong working knowledge of benefits laws and regulations
- Prior experience working with HRMS/HRIS systems; knowledge of BambooHR and ADP a plus
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must be able to comfortably format and analyze spreadsheets as well as create basic PowerPoint presentations for training
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent people skills and approachability, proactively accessible and responsive to employees and managers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Demonstrated experience working with confidential and sensitive employee data
What Success Looks Like:
First Three Months: You have fully ramped up full day-to-day ownership of the routine tasks that are assigned to you. Our onboarding and offboarding processes are being maintained with little oversight from Senior HR Manager. You have begun to develop positive relationships and trust with the key stakeholders you interact with on a daily basis. You have taken a level of ownership that has allowed our Senior HR Manager to become 75%+ removed from administrative support and are providing a high level of excellence on directly assigned tasks and when answering employee questions. You are starting to manage employee situations with guidance from Senior HR Manager.
First Six Months: You are independently executing the day-to-day operations of our HR function. You have formed solid relationships with internal stakeholders and are the main point of contact for employee questions. Our regional Americas policies are all up to date and being regularly maintained for accuracy. You are managing general employee questions and situations with guidance from Senior HR Manager.
First Twelve Months… You have mastered the art of keeping all of your processes running smoothly with timely updates. You are improving the day-to-day operations of your role by streamlining and creating new processes and bringing in more efficiencies. You are regularly coordinating with stakeholders to proactively provide support for employees. You are seen as a trusted HR professional and employees turn to you for day-to-day matters under your responsibility where you can navigate conversations beyond just the tactical and can articulate the why. General employee questions and situations are being managed with little guidance from Senior HR Manager.
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world. Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team