The Resource & Staffing Solutions Lead is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of any of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles. Some travel is required for client meetings, conferences, other internal meetings, etc.
The Resource & Staffing Solutions Lead will play a critical role on our growing client delivery team, supporting efforts across the entire 130+ person client service team. This role is accountable for the effective implementation of the team’s staffing, resources and utilization processes beginning with forecasting needs, through maintaining and engaging our existing talent.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least a five-year track record of Management, Operations, People Operations or similar experience that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for making sure we are providing the best resources and support for all of our team members. He/she will also have a history of embracing relationships within a firm and across all levels. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by consistently evaluating refinements to processes and showing a passion for continued learning and improvement.
The Resource & Staffing Solutions Lead will be the lead person responsible for ensuring that staffing and team utilization is being managed effectively in a high-paced, regularly changing agency environment. This person will be responsible for working across teams to define and implement creative solutions to staffing challenges, while ensuring that profitability is always kept top of mind. This role will require the ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders and lead via influence, not authority, to accomplish the requirements of the role. This role sits within the Client Success team and collaborates with stakeholders across Client Services, Talent & Culture and Business Operations.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- Utilization Management – Continuously monitor, analyze, and evaluate utilization rates across all teams. Proactively communicate open capacity to delivery leadership and keep track of strategic investments to help fill open slivers of time. Develop and implement Global systems to ensure that team members understand their client time allocations. Act as a consultant for utilization needs or questions.
- Talent Planning – Act as a resource of centralized information around the range of skills, experiences, interests and abilities of existing talent. Keeps track of employees that are close to promotion, departure risks, and more. Use this information to aid in staffing solutions and to help identify upcoming leveling needs as they relate to the staffing forecast.
- Staffing Solutions – Proactively identify and bring strategic solutions to cross-team staffing situations as requested or if staffing situation is complex in nature, through creative measures and innovative plans that utilize current resources, working closely with the CS team identify additional nuances. Communication of staffing solutions is clear, concise and considers variables and potential issues. If limitations with existing resources arise either in capacity, skills, or anything that may indicate a potential need or hiring situation, proactively flag upwards as soon as possible.
- Account Transition Operations – Serve as a neutral point of accountability for any complex internal team transitions as needed, by working collaboratively with the key stakeholders to ensure that operational transition processes are followed to facilitate strategic and unified changes between teams.
- Hiring and Onboarding Support – Liaise between Talent & Culture, Training and Delivery teams to ensure alignment and clear communication on placement of new hires. Share new hire skillsets and experience with Delivery for consideration in team placements and validate placements are the right fit and placement before finalized. Support Talent & Culture as neutral party during various phases of the interview process. Collaborate with interviewing teams to ensure our interviewers have enough capacity to support hiring plans. Own correcting candidate homework assignments as assigned.
What success looks like:
By 6 months…
- You have gained the ability to review both the utilization process and metrics and do so on a consistent basis, as well as share findings and escalate issues based on discoveries. Strong initial relationships are being built with key stakeholders. You are viewed as the key centralized stakeholder and a critical part of staffing and planning conversations. You have integrated into all core process for the role and have a strong understanding of accountability.
By 12 months…
- You will have full accountability for the day-to-day operations of staffing and utilization for the Client Services team. Independently and regularly analyzing, evaluating and sharing data. Processes are running efficiently and being used strategically in combination with sales projections and budgets to solve staffing issues and forecast upcoming needs. Strong relationships, built on trust and results, exist with key stakeholders. You now have the knowledge needed to convey underlying reasons based on data, balance and what’s good for the business, while remaining neutral to promote a healthy, positive environment within the team.
You are great for this role if you:
- Love puzzles of any kind
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high performing environment and bringing order to chaos
- Are exhilarated by managing change and comfortable with ambiguity and moving targets
- Intuitively utilize spreadsheets and organize information and data in an easy to digest manner
- Have superior organization and time management skills, and are capable of coordinating/prioritizing several projects at once
- Exhibit a strong propensity for building strong internal relationships
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have a consistent attention to detail
- Are able to absorb a high volume of information, retain that information and apply it to future plans to help drive recommendations.
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done, with a high bar for excellence
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- AP internal candidates must have 1+ years in the Manager level seat or above and be in good performance standing to be considered for this role.
- 5+ years of Management, Human Resources, Operations, or similar experience
- Excellent Excel skills, Smartsheet experience strongly preferred
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience with staffing and utilization
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Basic understanding of business financials
- Technology savvy with the ability and desire to learn a variety of software systems
- Superior communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree required
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.