The Account Manager (Affiliate Academy) position is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles.
Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Digital Marketing Manager who wants to leverage their skills as an expert affiliate marketer. Via our Performance Partnerships™ framework, we are looking for smart, savvy digital marketers who want to work with clients to create and manage strategic affiliate marketing programs. In this role, you will participate an intense three month training program which will prepare you to successfully develop and manage strategic affiliate programs. Once you are ready, you will autonomously lead client accounts and large projects in our affiliate marketing practice, serving as key client facing liaison. You will lead client engagements and be responsible for client service and communication, account strategy, execution, reporting and analysis, and developing new opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role is a data-driven digital marketer with a strong passion for client service. You get satisfaction by providing remarkable results for your clients through innovation and strategic planning and hold yourself to a high bar for unsurpassed customer service. You have a solid background in digital marketing and you want to learn something new. Additionally, you are excited and eager to learn the ins and outs of Affiliate Program Management through our Affiliate Academy Program.
We are currently recruiting our next Academy cohort for January 2021!
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- Client Service and Communication - Serve as a regular point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions, lead weekly client calls, send account reporting and handle resulting follow-up questions and communications. Lead challenging client situations with guidance from Associate Director. Provide unsurpassed client service, develop and cultivate excellent client relationships. Maintain very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a Net Promoter score of 8+.
- Account Strategy – Lead successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client goals. Provide innovative and creative new ideas to drive the overall program strategy.
- Strategy & Execution – Execute effective affiliate recruitment, activation and optimization strategies that align with the goals of the client. Perform general account management and monitor for fraud and affiliate compliance.
- Reporting and Analysis - Provide clients with regular reporting, analyze data to find opportunities and identify issues. Develop strategic program plans and present resulting data-driven insights and recommendations to clients.
- New Opportunities - Acts on relevant publisher development opportunities presented by publisher development team to approve and activate new publisher opportunities in client programs. Able to think outside of the box to present new and interesting opportunities to clients.
What Success Looks Like:
By 6 Months… You are strategically overseeing and executing the day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs. You have formed solid relationships with key client contacts and are the main point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions. Challenging client situations are being managed with guidance from Associate Director. Client data is regularly being analyzed and used strategically in optimization, activation and recruitment campaigns. Client accounts are being handled effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
By 1 Year… You are taking full accountability for the performance and success of their clients. Account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all accounts, and recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+.
You are great for this role if you:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations.
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and presentations
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have incredible organization and time management skills and are capable of coordinating several projects at once, often with contending objectives.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a strong attention to detail
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of online marketing or e-commerce experience required, affiliate marketing experience a plus
- 4+ years in a client facing role with proven success for building relationships
- Ability to learn quickly
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports, a plus
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.