The Senior Account Manager a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates must be based in London and prepared to travel for local client and affiliate meetings.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc. Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
Major brands are looking to take complex performance marketing programs global and local programmes to the next level, creating a significant opportunity for strategic leadership and innovative execution. As a result, Acceleration Partners (AP) is seeking a Senior Affiliate Manager to help oversee one of our largest affiliate marketing programs in the UK.
The core of the role is to serve as a hands-on client service leader and to work with our EMEA client service team to deliver towards their overall goals. This will require excellent client service skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a high level of strategic thinking, and a capability (and willingness) to get into the weeds of our client’s program. It will also require the ability to comfortably present to and work with C-level client contacts, and strong account management. The Senior Account Manager has a “whatever it takes” attitude to meeting and exceeding clients’ needs and will maintain Acceleration Partners’ high standards and reputation for strategic vision and excellence.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION – Serves as a main point of contact, interacting with the client daily and maneuvering through controversial topics or curve balls from clients. Manages 95% of actions independently, flags potential issues or items that require judgement calls. Works to understand client’s brand and marketing goals, pinpoints and develops strategic plans and tactics to reach client’s objectives.. Quickly develops trust with clients and develops and nurtures excellent relationships, ensuring the client is happy with the services provided, which is reflected in very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a net promoter score of 8+.
2. ACCOUNT STRATEGY AND EXECUTION – Manages successful client program by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client’s goals and objectives. Thinks beyond the status quo, looks to find solutions, prioritizes tactics to align with the client’s goals and proactively adjusts goals when client’s scope of work or agenda doesn’t align. Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies across all deliverables to maximize clients spend and managed revenue. Ability to identify flags and pivot when optimizations are needed. Effective strategic planning is representing in achieving 90% of client’s goals.
3. REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Oversees account reporting and pacing, easily spots trends and opportunities and communicates recommendations to clients. Provides clients with regular and ad hoc reporting, analyzes data and digs further to understand root causes and solutions that impact strategic direction. Analyzes the performance of marketing campaigns and communicates results and recommendations for future campaigns based on data. Creates complex forecast models based on client’s goals and service level. Delivers end of month reports and presentations* with the story clearly illustrated, supported by data driven insights and provides strategic program recommendations to clients. *Customized/tailored to client's top priorities on Key and standardized reporting on Core.
4. NEW PUBLISHER OPPORTUNITIES - Acts on relevant publisher development opportunities presented by publisher development team to approve and activate new publisher opportunities. Identifies opportunity on behalf of their clients by extending reach through creating new publisher relationships and implementing optimization strategies. Presents new opportunities so they align with the client’s marketing goals and demonstrates the ability to influence or reverse clients thinking to reach goals and objectives of both clients and AP.
5. LEAD, MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE (LMA) – Is seen as a leader and is an expert in a subject matter. Trains and develops an account manager by leading their efforts with the goal to successfully execute effective marketing campaigns.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By six months, the Senior Account Manager is successfully leading the strategy and delivery for this major brand UK has built strong relationships with the account manager and both local and international clients as well as the client’s key local partners
At the end of year one, the Senior Account Manager is delivering a high client satisfaction rating of 8.0, has contributed to strategic growth initiatives and has developed some innovative, new partnership opportunities and revenue growth for our client.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute strategic projects for large brand clients
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrates polish and professionalism in all situations
- Strong UK affiliate expertise and deep relationships across the industry
- Deep experience with different affiliate networks and SaaS platforms
- Experience with other digital marketing channels, including paid search and paid social, a plus
- Possesses excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Understands what it takes to keep A-level clients engaged and happy
- Knows how to manage and collaborate with distributed team members
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Is self-motivated, resilient, can work well on his/her own, and does not require constant feedback and oversight
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Loves to continually learn and stay ahead of the industry pack
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in digital/online marketing with 2+ years of affiliate specific experience
- 2-4 years of client service or agency side experience
- Understanding of and experience managing the strategic and tactical needs of multi-country performance marketing programs in the EU
- Has demonstrated success and forward progress at all stages of his/her career
- Holds a valid passport and has ability to travel internationally as required
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
Learn more about Acceleration Partners at https://careers.accelerationpartners.com/.