The Associate Account Director, is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Some travel is required, for internal meetings, conferences, etc. Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally..
We are seeking an experienced senior level digital marketing professional with leadership experience(s) to autonomously manage teams for our affiliate marketing practice, serving as a high-level client facing liaison, often acting as a point of escalation for the AP and client teams. This person will be responsible for ensuring a high level of client service by coaching and developing direct reports on client service and communication best practices, account strategy and execution, reporting and analytics, and publisher development. Another key focus will be ensuring team synergies and alignment, constantly looking for areas to improve processes and establish best practices.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have a track record that aligns to all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, having met and exceeded performance expectations by overcoming obstacles and turning them into opportunities. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships leveraging communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships based on trust and genuine partnership. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve by constantly looking for areas of improvements and innovating the approach to create efficiencies and maximize effectiveness.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:
- LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE - Oversee account team managing and leading team members and supervising high-level account activities. Assist in hiring and successfully develops their team through mentoring, coaching, identify training needs and providing proactive and timely feedback. Success of developing teams is proven through a track record of growing team capabilities, elevating teams and motivating A players while managing out poor performers.
- SUPERIOR CLIENT SERVICE, COMMUNICATION, SATISFACTION - Builds strong relationships with client contacts and establishes and strengthens relationships at multiple levels within the client’s organization, including C-level contacts (CEO, CMO, VP of Marketing, etc.). Provides superior client service, acts as a point of contact, managing 95% of client escalations and escalates issues as appropriate. Works with teams to ensure client develops trust in our team by overseeing client outputs and communication are delivered in the AP way which is reflected in a net promoter score of 8+.
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION AND PROFITABILITY - Assist with managing monthly utilization rate, assist with staffing plans and resources for sales pipeline. Ensures accounts are profitable, within scope and works with the team to adjust scopes and finds new opportunities to increase portfolio revenue which is reflected in very high retention rates.
- STRATEGY, EXECUTION AND PERFORMANCE - Has the ability to see the big picture by thinking conceptually, imaginatively, and systematically. Provide high-level strategic guidance and partnership to teams to ensure program goals are met and program risk areas are mitigated proactively. Works with the team to innovate new strategy, tactics and efficiencies so client’s objective are met and ensure client success.
- AFFILIATE PRACTICE INTERNAL RESPONSIBILITIES – Collaborate with other departments, including Marketing, Sales, and Operations to address customers’ needs and scale the business to meet long term company goals. Ensure proper information sharing with team by disseminating information in a timely manner and keeping the voice of AP. Actively supports new ideas in order to meet client and business goals. Leads process improvement, encourages efficiency, works to build value for the organization.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Associate Account Director is overseeing day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs with little guidance from their Director. They have formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are recognized by the client as a leader and point of escalation. Nuanced and challenging client situations are being managed with little guidance from Director. They effectively coach team to get required results without stepping in to do it for them by providing on-going feedback, both positive and constructive. Has demonstrated sound decision making and problem-solving skills and knows what flags and when to escalate to Director. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Associate Account Director is autonomously taking full accountability for the performance and success of their programs and regional responsibilities. Team and account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all programs and with their team contributors, and they are recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Client Satisfaction Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Leads by example and knows how to collaborate and motivate team members in a remote environment
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos and sets the tone for the team
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill and coaches team to do the same
- Works independently with minimal supervision
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5-8 years of online marketing, e-commerce, or affiliate marketing experience required
- General understanding of affiliate marketing experience required (direct or indirect channel exposure at agency or inhouse)
- Proven leadership track record with experience interviewing, hiring, developing, coaching, and performance management of direct reports.
- Knowledge of general affiliate tracking methodologies via platform partners (Radius by Impact, ShareASale, etc.) required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including to international locations
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub