Acceleration Partners has grown tremendously over the last several years and with this exciting growth has come increasingly complex financial requirements. This complexity has been compounded by our expansion into Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Australia – expansion that will only continue in 2020 and beyond. With 175 employees spread over several countries, and a dedication to maintaining a profitable, cash-positive business, we have reached the limits of our existing expertise. Therefore, we are seeking a Vice-President, Finance & Administration who can help bring Acceleration Partners to the next level by continuing to develop, implement, and oversee strategies and processes around ongoing financial operations, financial and corporate platforms and systems, risk management, metrics development and maintenance, and related operational areas.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have a track record that aligns to all these values. This person will have a history of owning it, taking accountability for both personal and team successes and failures. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships by working closely with internal stakeholders, external partners, and company leadership to drive success. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve by both constantly looking for new ways to achieve operational excellence and thinking outside the box, never accepting that just because something has always been done in a certain way, we should do it that way too.
The Vice-President, Finance & Administration will report to the President of Acceleration Partners and will be a member of Acceleration Partners’ Leadership Team. The Vice-President, Finance & Administration will assume immediate management responsibility for Acceleration Partners’ finance team, which currently includes both full-time and outsourced resources, and corporate technology team, which includes resources that are both dedicated as well as split with other areas of the business. The Vice-President, Finance & Development will also be the primary liaison to our outside accounting, tax and insurance resources. Risk management will be accomplished through relationships of influence throughout the firm.
Top Five Job Responsibilities:
- Lead, Manage, and Hold Accountable: Effectively lead, manage, and hold accountable the finance and administration team.
- Global Financial Strategy: Develop, implement and manage high-level financial strategy, both domestically and globally, including tax. Create and maintain metrics that matter for the business. Acquire and maintain knowledge around financial issues, such as currency, that have an effect on global operations.
- Operational Finance and Administration: Oversee strategies and processes around ongoing financial requirements, including budgets, P&L creation and international consolidation, cash forecasting and management, corporate IT, payroll, and related operational areas.
- Reporting: Create and maintain financial reporting that both guide the Leadership Team and provide the required information for external stakeholders such as banks, potential strategic investors/partners, and the Board of Advisors.
- Risk Management: Develop, implement, and manage to a risk management strategy. Work with stakeholders to navigate situations that present elevated risk levels. Ensure that controls are in place around key business operations, including tax, banking, accounting, IT, and elsewhere.
What Success Looks Like:
By Three Months: You have developed a base-level understanding of Acceleration Partners’ business globally, including financial operations, core economics, and culture. You have solidified positive relationships and trust with the key stakeholders, both internally and externally, whom you interact with on a daily basis, having their full confidence in your ability to execute your responsibilities.
By Six Months: You have a comprehensive understanding of Acceleration Partners’ business globally, including financial operations, core economics, and culture. You have open lines of communication with stakeholders and are working on existing operational gaps. You have developed a roadmap for the areas that require immediate attention, as well as mid- and long-term issues. You have taken over oversight and strategic ownership of finance and IT operations and our external finance relationships which has allowed the President to become 95% removed these daily operations. You have created an initial set of metrics that matter and are providing them on a regular basis to the Leadership Team, and provided the Leadership Team with a strategic plan for 2021.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- You love to manage complex, multi-touch relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- You love to coach your team and make them better. Nothing makes you happier then seeing your team own their work and develop professionally.
- You are able to clearly articulate your point of view on issues and stand up for what you believe is right, but you are also willing and able to be persuaded by a compelling argument.
- You are tenacious and don’t get discouraged.
- You have a high level of emotional intelligence and natural relationship builder.
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity that comes along with a high growth business.
- You high level of personal integrity and standards, You are never satisfied with good enough—you always push yourself and those around you to get better.
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision
- You are a self-starter and can effectively take initial input and then run with projects.
- You learn and adapt quickly and able to gain and retain knowledge in new areas which are unfamiliar to you.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years’ experience in finance and operations, with 5+ in a senior leadership capacity
- Experience in a multi-national setting and high comfort level working across borders. Experience with the UK, Singapore, and Australia specifically is a plus.
- Experience scaling finance operations for a growth stage company or the desire and ability to apply your relevant experience in a high-growth situation.
- Corporate and/or LLC tax experience (but you don’t have to be a tax expert!).
- Experience creating and managing detailed, multi-departmental (and ideally multi-national) budgets.
- Superior communication and organization skills.
- Material experience with Quickbooks a plus, and knowledge of Quickbooks as well as other systems that may be beneficial in the future is even better.
- Microsoft Office experience, specifically Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, CPA, or similar relevant qualification is a plus.
The Vice-President, Finance & Administration is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners, with periodic group working days at co-working facilities This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. Candidates in the greater Boston area are preferred and should be within two hours driving distance of Boston.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.