The Account Manager (Affiliate Academy) position is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles; however, all locations will be considered.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Digital Marketing Manager who wants to leverage their skills as an expert affiliate marketer. Via our Performance Partnerships™ framework, we are looking for smart, savvy digital marketers who want to work with clients to create and manage strategic affiliate marketing programs. In this role, you will participate in an intense three-month training program which will prepare you to successfully develop and manage strategic affiliate programs. Once you are ready, you will autonomously lead client accounts and large projects in our affiliate marketing practice, serving as key client facing liaison. You will lead client engagements and be responsible for client service and communication, account strategy, execution, reporting and analysis, and developing new opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role is a data-driven digital marketer with a strong passion for client service. You get satisfaction by providing remarkable results for your clients through innovation and strategic planning and hold yourself to a high bar for unsurpassed customer service. You have a solid background in digital marketing, and you want to learn something new. Additionally, you are excited and eager to learn the ins and outs of Affiliate Program Management through our Affiliate Academy Program.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (AFFILIATE ACADEMY):
- CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION -Client is happy with the services provided. Works to understand client’s brand and marketing goals, pinpoints and develops strategic plans and tactics to reach client’s objectives. Develops and nurtures excellent relationships, reflected in very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a net promoter score of 8+.
- ACCOUNT STRATEGY & EXECUTION – Manages successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client’s goals and objective. Prioritizes tactics to align with the client’s goals and proactively adjusts goals when client’s scope of work or agenda doesn’t align. Oversees efficiencies across all deliverables to maximize client’s spend and managed revenue. Effective strategic planning is represented in achieving 90% of client’s goals.
- REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Oversees account reporting and pacing and communicates performance and provides recommendations to clients. Provides clients with regular reporting, analyzes data to find opportunities or trends and digs further to understand root causes and solutions. Analyzes the performance of marketing campaigns and communicates results and recommendations for future campaigns based on data. Delivers end of month reports and presentations with the story clearly illustrated, supported by data driven insights and provides strategic program recommendations to clients.
- LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE- Trains and develops associates by leading their efforts with the goal to successfully execute effective marketing campaigns. Supervises associate activities, manages workloads and delegates tasks while ensuring successful and timely execution on deliverables. With assistance from Associate Director, delivers management coaching to associates in order to elevate and grow team capabilities, motivating A players and managing out poor performers.
- NEW PUBLISHER OPPORTUNITIES - Acts on relevant publisher development opportunities presented by publisher development team to approve and activate new publisher opportunities. Identifies opportunity on behalf of their clients by extending reach through creating new publisher relationships and implementing optimization strategies. Able to think outside of the box and present new opportunities so they align with the client’s marketing goals and objective.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 6 Months… You are strategically overseeing and executing the day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs. You have formed solid relationships with key client contacts and are the main point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions. Challenging client situations are being managed with guidance from Associate Director. Client data is regularly being analyzed and used strategically in optimization, activation and recruitment campaigns. Client accounts are being handled effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
By 1 Year… You are taking full accountability for the performance and success of their clients. Account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all accounts and recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done and with a high bar for excellence and resilience in difficult situations.
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and presentations
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have incredible organization and time management skills and are capable of coordinating several projects at once, often with contending objectives.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a strong attention to detail
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Can adapt and shift readily and quickly to changing situations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 2+ years of online/digital marketing or e-commerce experience required
- 2+ years in a client facing /account management role with proven success for building relationships
- Ability to learn quickly and desire to learn a new industry
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports, a plus
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.