The Associate Director, Brand & Creative is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles.
Acceleration Partners has experienced impressive growth over the past three years, including expanding globally and surpassing 150 employees. Much of this strategic growth is credited to the high performance and output of our incredibly talented, experienced and cohesive marketing team.
While each member of this 6-person global marketing team owns different operational outcomes (content, social media, demand generation, marketing automation and analytics), the team works collaboratively to execute a multi-faceted marketing strategy.
Through comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns, including webinars, events, an internally-produced podcast (Outperform), video marketing, SEO, SEM, Social Media, PR, written content (blogs, e-books, case studies, articles) and more, Acceleration Partners’ marketing team serves as the company’s primary driver of high-value leads and prominent thought leadership.
To continue the success that Acceleration Partners has achieved through our marketing efforts—both domestically and globally—we are looking for head of creative and brand who:
- Will be a smart, stable, confident and strategic conductor of the global AP brand.
- Can successfully oversee brand strategy and align Acceleration Partners’ domestic and global brand and creative efforts.
- Is looking to step into a newly-created role and is eager to make a creative mark and oversee the handling of a global brand.
- Can effectively translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Is excited about working with a company that values greatness over being big; a company that prioritizes having a great culture and providing industry-leading services over growth for growth’s sake.
The Associate Director, Brand and Creative will report to the Vice President of Marketing, who oversees the output and strategic direction of this high-performing team.
The Associate Director, Brand and Creative will also work closely with the Vice President of Sales to help strategize during pitches and have the ability to tailor complex messages for different audiences in a relatable and understandable manner. The Associate Director, Brand and Creative will also serve on Acceleration Partners’ Expanded Leadership Team (ELT).
Core Value Considerations:
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have a track record that aligns with all of these values. This person will have a history of owning it, taking accountability for the creative and brand strategy, and meeting and exceeding quantitative KPIs tied to demand generation. This person will have a proven track record of embracing relationships by working closely with stakeholders, vendors, sales and other creative resources to drive success. They will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve and convey how they consistently look for new and creative ways to extend reach, create interest and test new strategies and tactics.
Top Five Job Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the AP brand globally, ensuring brand standard consistency and unity in order to maximize the brand’s equity.
2. Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
3. Manage the creative process from concept to completion; Lead and oversee production for all forms of marketing.
4. Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with latest marketing techniques.
5. Work with the marketing, sales and HR teams to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications.
What Success Looks Like:
By Six Months:
You have a firm grasp of our business and our existing marketing strategy. You have completed a brand and creative roadmap and strategic plan towards Acceleration Partners’ 2020/2021 goals and have presented to the Leadership Team. You are meeting AP colleagues and different departments, learning, growing, and have a clear path for professional development.
First Twelve Months:
You are on track for AP’s brand and creative goals towards the 2023 plan. You are comfortable working with members of the marketing, HR and sales teams and know the AP brand inside and out. You understand who and how to speak to our target audiences. You are working across global teams to integrate the creative and brand strategy. Your colleagues understand your mission and objectives and are engaged with you and operating at a very high level.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- A candidate for this position requires 5-7 years of working experience in a marketing capacity, conducting online marketing, digital design, website management, paid marketing, or preferably brand marketing at the capacity of a Senior Brand Marketing Manager in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must also have had successful experience in launching and driving brand marketing campaigns that have built momentum for a brand’s awareness and customer acquisition.
- Applicant should not only be skilled in digital branding marketing approaches but also traditional/offline approaches such as print. In addition, applicant should have proven and successful experience building creative campaigns, as well as brand in a complex and highly competitive market. This individual should also have a proven track record in delivering sustainable improvements in marketing campaigns’ ROI.
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience helping fast-growing company expand globally and maintain brand consistency in the process.
- Enjoys managing complex, multi-touch relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Has a strong understanding of how to develop global corporate creative initiatives.
- Experience with global brand implementation and management.
- Comfortable developing and overseeing specific and quantifiable KPIs and owning outcomes.
- Genuinely loves energizing and inspiring peers. The candidate should be an enthusiastic worker who possesses excellent problem-solving skills, ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Candidate must be self-motivated and proactive, and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge always keeping up with market trends. Candidate must be comfortable working in group settings, and will have an ability to remain calm under stress or uncertainty.
- Comfortable communicating to employees when quality control issues arise.
- Excited about developing and owning global brand and creative; willing to stand their ground when they believe in a strategy that others question but are also open-minded about their feedback.
- An adaptable mindset with the ability to pivot strategy based on changing priorities that are common in a high-growth company.
- Stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills.
- Solid strategic & execution skills with proven experience in delivering growth results
- Must have an agile and entrepreneurial/hands-on approach, equally able to work strategically and to roll up their sleeves to drive execution.\
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and MS Excel, and Keynote which are necessary in the creation of verbally and visually engaging offline branding materials, reports, and presentations. Highly proficient in software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, and InDesign that are necessary for the creation of engaging branding materials and content.
Why Acceleration Partners?
Acceleration Partners is the premier global partner marketing agency. By focusing on Better People, Better Processes and Better Performance, our team sets the standard for how brands efficiently grow and refine their marketing partnerships anywhere in the world.
A trusted agency partner to leading brands, our team of seasoned marketers and industry experts help companies build meaningful, lasting, performance-based relationships with strategic partners.
Acceleration Partners has received several prestigious awards and accolades for both our client services and culture, including “Best Agency” (International Performance Marketing Awards), “Best Workplaces” (Inc.), “Best Places to Work” (Glassdoor), “Most Committed to Work-Life Balance” (Digiday).
Some of our clients include adidas, Brandless, Hotwire, LinkedIn, Redbubble, Reebok and StubHub
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.