The Accounts Payable Specialist is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will reside in the Greater Boston Area; however, all locations will be considered on a case by case basis. Some travel is required for client meetings, conferences, other internal meetings, etc.
Over the last five years, we have made it our goal to become the largest independent affiliate agency in the U.S. We achieved that goal in 2016 and continue to grow rapidly, expanding to three international locations in 2017. This growth has created an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Specialist. Supporting the Director and Sr. Director of Finance, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will hold a critical role, maintaining our books and records and enabling us to ensure that we keep pace with the growing business.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in an accounting role, managing day to day accounting tasks such as accounts receivable and payable, as well as month end closes and related activities. This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for these processes and demonstrating the ability to work independently and efficiently. She/he will also have a history of embracing relationships within a Company. This person will have demonstrated the desire to Excel & Improve by consistently evaluating refinements to the accounting processes, showing a passion for continued learning.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable management - perform daily functions including expense processing, coding, and reimbursement, vendor payments via wire and ACH, monitor accounts to ensure timely payment, reconcile and issue 1099's and perform 1096 reconciliation annually.
- Global payroll management – Employee setup, process and record payroll; assisting employees with related questions.
- Act as first Finance-team contact for questions related to Payroll & Expense systems for all global employees (ADP & Concur).
- Monitor and maintain various global data points reporting metrics to maintain ensure data integrity and flag any potential inconsistencies. These include but are not limited too; AP Aging, and employee data in systems (HR, Finance, etc.).
- Provide back up for all Accounts Payable Associate functions; Ability to proactively research and resolve accounting inconsistencies; Participate in annual audits
What Success Looks Like:
- Within 3 months - should have full autonomy over the A/P and payroll processes.
- Within 6 months – should be looking to add value to international processes and have coordination with regions well in hand.
You are great for this role if you:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done, with a high bar for excellence.
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Have solid organization and time management skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of Concur strongly preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP preferred.
- Advanced Excel capabilities, comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
- Ability to learn quickly
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
We are the leading global affiliate marketing agency in the industry, earning “Best Performance Marketing Agency” and “Industry Choice of Agency” accolades by the International Performance Marketing Association. Industry-leading global brands trust our team to help them gain competitive advantage through performance-based strategic partnerships, including Target, adidas, Reebok, Warby Parker, ButcherBox and RedBubble. In addition to efficiently growing and refining brands’ partner marketing programs, we’re also committed to changing the work-life paradigm with our 100% remote work environment. Our agency attracts team members who are genuine partners, thought leaders, problem-solvers, continuous learners and who challenge the status quo. Our unique company culture and strong core values have been recognized and honored by Glassdoor, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Forbes, Ad Age, Inc., The Boston Globe and our founder and CEO, Robert Glazer, was named to Glassdoor’s Highest-Rated CEOs list two years in a row. Learn more about AP at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team