The Account / Senior Account Manager is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates must reside within a reasonable driving distance of one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, or Santa Barbara/Los Angeles; however all locations will be considered.
Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
Acceleration Partners is accepting applications for future roles to be open on our Account Management team. We are seeking experienced Affiliate Marketing Manager(s) to autonomously manage large projects in our affiliate marketing practice, serving as key client facing liaison. This person will be responsible for leading the client relationship as well as all client deliverables, account strategy and execution.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ACCOUNT MANAGER:
- CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION - Serves as the main point of contact, interacting with the client daily, ensuring the client is happy with the services provided. Works to understand client’s brand and marketing goals, pinpoints and develops strategic plans and tactics to reach client’s objectives. Develops and nurtures excellent relationships, reflected in very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a net promoter score of 8+.
- ACCOUNT STRATEGY & EXECUTION – Manages successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client’s goals and objective. Prioritizes tactics to align with the client’s goals and proactively adjusts goals when client’s scope of work or agenda doesn’t align. Oversees efficiencies across all deliverables to maximize client’s spend and managed revenue. Effective strategic planning is represented in achieving 90% of client’s goals.
- REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Oversees account reporting and pacing and communicates performance and provides recommendations to clients. Provides clients with regular reporting, analyzes data to find opportunities or trends and digs further to understand root causes and solutions. Analyzes the performance of marketing campaigns and communicates results and recommendations for future campaigns based on data. Delivers end of month reports and presentations with the story clearly illustrated, supported by data driven insights and provides strategic program recommendations to clients.
- LEAD MANAGE AND HOLD YOUR TEAM ACCOUNTABLE- Trains and develops associates by leading their efforts with the goal to successfully execute effective marketing campaigns. Supervises associate activities, manages workloads and delegates tasks while ensuring successful and timely execution on deliverables. With assistance from Associate Director, delivers management coaching to associates in order to elevate and grow team capabilities, motivating A players and managing out poor performers.
- NEW PUBLISHER OPPORTUNITIES - Acts on relevant publisher development opportunities presented by publisher development team to approve and activate new publisher opportunities. Identifies opportunity on behalf of their clients by extending reach through creating new publisher relationships and implementing optimization strategies. Able to think outside of the box and present new opportunities so they align with the client’s marketing goals and objective.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Account Manager is executing the day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs with little guidance from their Associate Director. Account Manager has formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are the main point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions. Challenging client situations are being managed with guidance from Associate Director. Client data is regularly being analyzed and used strategically in optimization, activation and recruitment campaigns. Client accounts are being handled effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Account Manager is taking full accountability for the performance and success of their clients. Account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all accounts, and recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5-8 years of online marketing, e-commerce, or affiliate marketing experience required
- Direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (ShareASale, Commission Junction, etc.) required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports, a plus
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
We are the leading global affiliate marketing agency in the industry, earning “Best Performance Marketing Agency” and “Industry Choice of Agency” accolades by the International Performance Marketing Association. Industry-leading global brands trust our team to help them gain competitive advantage through performance-based strategic partnerships, including Target, adidas, Reebok, Warby Parker, ButcherBox and RedBubble. In addition to efficiently growing and refining brands’ partner marketing programs, we’re also committed to changing the work-life paradigm with our 100% remote work environment. Our agency attracts team members who are genuine partners, thought leaders, problem-solvers, continuous learners and who challenge the status quo. Our unique company culture and strong core values have been recognized and honored by Glassdoor, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Forbes, Ad Age, Inc., The Boston Globe and our founder and CEO, Robert Glazer, was named to Glassdoor’s Highest-Rated CEOs list two years in a row. Learn more about AP at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.