The Account Manager/Consultant is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will live in Germany (major metro) and must be able to travel to London for local client and internal meetings. Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Affiliate Marketing Account Manager / Consultant to autonomously manage large projects in our affiliate marketing practice and serving as key client facing liaison. This person will be responsible for leading the client relationship as well as all client deliverables, account strategy and execution.
The ideal candidate, will be excited to jump into a start-up like environment within a larger international firm. You must be able to handle changing priorities, be able to work through ambiguity, and have a proactive mindset. We are seeking candidates who speak fluent German and English.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CLIENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION - Serve as a regular point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions, lead weekly client calls, send account reporting and manage resulting follow-up questions and communications. Manage challenging client situations with guidance from senior colleagues. Provide superior client service, develop and nurture excellent client relationships. Maintain very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a Net Promoter score of 8+.
- ACCOUNT STRATEGY – Oversee successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client goals. Proactively offering new and innovation ideas to the overall program strategy.
- STRATEGY EXECUTION – Execute effective affiliate recruitment, activation and optimization strategies that align with the goals of the client. Perform general account management and monitor for fraud and affiliate compliance.
- REPORTING AND ANALYSIS - Provide clients with regular reporting, analyze data to find opportunities and identify issues. Develop strategic program plans and present resulting data-driven insights and recommendations to clients.
- NEW OPPORTUNITIES - Finds and acts on relevant publisher development opportunities to activate these new publishers in client programs. Able to think outside of the box to present new and interesting opportunities to clients.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
BY 6 MONTHS… the Account Manager is executing the day-to-day operations of multiple affiliate programs with little guidance from their senior colleagues. Account Manager has formed strong relationships with key client contacts and are the main point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions. Challenging client situations are being managed with guidance from senior colleagues. Client data is regularly being analyzed and used strategically in optimization, activation and recruitment campaigns. Client accounts are being handled effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+.
BY 1 YEAR… the Account Manager is taking full accountability for the performance and success of their clients. Account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all accounts, and recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Has incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of online marketing, e-commerce, or affiliate marketing experience required
- Direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (Awin, Affilinet, CJ, Webgains, Linkshare, Impact Radius, Performance Horizon, etc.)
- Fluent in English and German
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports, a plus
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
We are the leading global affiliate marketing agency in the industry. Recently our company was named Best Performance Marketing Agency and Industry Choice of Agency by the International Performance Marketing Association. We strive to be a high-value, transparent and performance-driven partner to our clients as well as change the work-life paradigm for our team members.
In support of a healthy work-life paradigm, Acceleration Partners is a 100% remote work environment. Our team members are accountable, genuine partners, thought leaders and problem-solvers. They challenge the status quo, practice radical candor, are continuous learners and are always looking for ways to grow and improve.
In addition to our numerous industry and service awards, Acceleration Partners (AP) is also honored to have been named to top company culture lists by Glassdoor, Entrepreneur, Fortune, Forbes, Ad Age, Inc. and The Boston Globe. Our founder and CEO, Robert Glazer, was also ranked #2 on Glassdoor’s Highest-Rated CEOs list.
At AP, we work and live by strong core values and operating principles. These are not just cliché concepts that we tout; they are interwoven into every aspect of our organization. They influence who and how we hire, how we promote, how we service our clients and even how we live our personal lives.
Through our Performance Partnerships® program management framework, we help clients create transparent, high-value programs that bring more customers, incremental sales and faster growth. Acceleration Partners’ growing global reach, discerning industry expertise and relationships with performance-focused partners has led to a client roster that includes Target, adidas, Gymboree, Reebok, Warby Parker, ThirdLove, LinkedIn, FindYourTrainer, Smart Destinations, Luca + Danni and many other brands.
Our team members are far from average, and that is why AP is the global industry leader we are today.
Learn more at www.accelerationpartners.com/join-our-team.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.