Data Technician Assessor
Reports to: Senior Head of Moderation & Assessment
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Remote, UK
What we do:
Accelerate People is an Ofqual approved end-point assessment (EPA) organisation. We specialise in delivering high quality and flexible EPAs for Digital Apprenticeships. We work with employers, colleges, and training providers, and are committed to providing the best possible experience to the apprentice to enable them to fulfil their potential.
- We aim to provide the best possible EPA experience for apprentices, customers, and colleagues.
- Our team are honest, transparent, and professional in everything they do.
- We expect colleagues to be collaborative and innovative to improve our products and services.
About the job:
As a Data Technician (DT) Independent Assessor, you will use your expertise and experience to help shape new industry talent by conducting EPAs. You will use your experience to assess an apprentice's competence. Apprentices will submit projects and portfolios of evidence for you to review; you will use these as the basis for your interviews and questions when conducting assessments using the grading documentation provided. A key output of your role is to provide clear and constructive feedback to the training provider.
As industry and technologies move quickly, so should your development. That is why outside of the regular day-to-day assessments we allow our employees time to develop through regular Continuous Personal Development (CPD). Your expertise will also be used to help develop resources and projects for EPA across the business; this will be done by working with our product team to develop new, fair and robust assessments.
The ideal candidate:
You will need to have a passion for data with experience within the industry. You must be personable, a strong communicator, and have a positive approach to building relationships with both learners and stakeholders. You will also have a proactive mindset and be able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in projects and products across the business. This is a great opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in the UK apprenticeship space.
Skills and Experience:
- Occupational experience (minimum of three years).
- Experience of manipulating different data sets and formats of data in a range of business applications (e.g., CRM, Marketing, Sales, Finance).
- Knowledge and application of basic statistical methods and algorithms to identify trends and patterns in data.
- Blending and or linking data from multiple sources.
- Collating, compiling, and cleansing of different data formats/sets.
- Application of different dashboards and visualisation tools.
- Understanding of data automation.
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of databases.
- Knowledge and awareness of data compliance, regulations and ethics e.g., GDPR.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competent in following processes, policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Relevant certification / qualifications for the role.
- Ability to write and communicate reports.
- Ability to interpret assessment governance and guidance documentation.
- Provide a high quality of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to identify risks and solutions.
- Time management and prioritisation.
What we can offer you:
- Annual Leave – 25 days annual leave & your birthday off, plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme - After successfully passing your probation, you will have the opportunity to buy additional holiday at the start of the calendar year. The cost of the additional leave will simply be deducted from your monthly pay across the year.
- Remote working – We operate on a fully remote model giving you the flexibility of working from home, with occasional travel to our office in White City, London.
- Pension Scheme - Royal London Pension Scheme with matched employer contributions up to 3%. You will contribute 5% as standard and can opt to increase or decrease your contributions.
- Life Assurance – Death in service benefit to the value of four times your annual salary, effective from your first date of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance - After passing probation, you can opt to join the company scheme at a discounted rate and gain access to our excellent private medical insurance scheme. We also offer free flu vaccinations to support you throughout the year.
- Salary Finance - Apply for loans through Salary Finance after passing probation, with competitive interest rates, quick acceptance, and repayments made directly through payroll.
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the absolute best talent. Individuals seeking employment at Accelerate People must note that we see diversity as something that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
Accelerate People Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of employees. Safe recruitment of staff is central to this commitment. We will ensure that our recruitment policies and practices are robust, and that our selection procedures prevent unsuitable people from gaining access to children, young people and vulnerable adults. Therefore, all successful candidates must provide a current DBS certificate or be willing to undertake this check.