Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and looking to leverage this success to rapid growth here and abroad.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies deliver enhanced services and value to their constituents. Accela delivers these solutions via a cloud-based SaaS suite of enablement solutions that help local/State/Federal governments and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively by engaging citizens in their government.
Accela’s software enhances efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will be empowered, engaged and motivated to work with a team of individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology. If you are the type who is not just satisfied with getting the job done, but want to make a difference by driving performance, then you are who we want.
While our goal is changing the world of government/citizen interaction, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Are you the consummate hunter? Like creating strategies and plans to conquer the world? Revel in the thrill of victory and driven by the agony of defeat? The one who wants the ball when the game is on the line because you are confident in your ability to deliver? If this describes you, then you are an ideal candidate for the Enterprise Business Development Executive.
The Enterprise Business Development Executive is tasked with finding and securing net new clients to Accela. We have great products and services, and with your focus and expertise, together we will excel and achieve significant growth. Growth brings opportunity, so come invest with us!
If you thrive in a rapid growth, rapid change environment where the world of possibilities motivates you to ever greater things, then we have the environment for you.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers in prospect organizations
- Develop an understanding of business issues and opportunities in order to create a high value proposal focused on delivering their desired outcomes
- Lead and contribute to RFP responses
- Lead the development of opportunity strategy plans and periodic account reviews
- Own your pipeline to ensure long term, consistent performance in quarterly/annual quota achievement
- Ability to accurately forecast opportunities for a rolling 12-month cycle
- Facilitate discussions internally and externally relative to prospect/sales campaign coordination
Expertise you will bring in:
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
- Industry domain knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
- Prior RFP response skills
- Ability to travel in excess of 50%
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quota
- Demonstrated prospecting skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Familiarity with government sales cycles and decision processes
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.