Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
As a Customer Support Analyst you will work based from an Accela office and provide support to new and existing customers with a primary focus of resolving issues through analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving cases. The individual hired for this role will provide thorough analysis and feedback to colleagues, peers, and customers and deliver a high level of customer service and follow up. The successful candidate must be decisive, interact well in a team environment, be resourceful with limited information and have a strong desire to learn.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Respond to support cases via telephone, email, ticketing system, and other tools and technology
- Utilize WebEx, remote access, email, call bridges, etc. to connect and troubleshoot
- Successful candidates will provide extraordinary customer service with constant follow up via phone conversations.
- Resolve customer concerns raised during installation, operations, or maintenance of product application or compatibility
- Research and escalate as needed any application or related business issues. Gather all necessary detailed information of the issue and escalate as needed to Principle Support Analysts, account management, delivery, or other teams.
- Display interpersonal skills, product knowledge and world class customer service.
- Troubleshoot and analyze customer reported issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking system, requirements, other technical teams, etc.
- Document customer information and recurring issues to support product quality programs and product development; author and publish content to contribute to training and knowledge.
- 2+ years in software application customer support, preferably at a Government agency or related company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Use of independent judgment under minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be decisive, interact well in a team environment, and have a strong desire to learn and can follow policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office suite, SharePoint and other online tools.
- Ability to adapt to change and quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Empathetic to customer needs.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in IT, IS, or related field with experience in customer support
- Government software business analysis experience preferred
- SQL and Oracle DB knowledge
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.