Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
As a native iOS developer, you will work as an individual contributor delivering exceptional customer experiences and leading the design, implementation and support of critical features to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s cloud based products. You will be part of the core Accela Civic Platform team developing new features and capabilities, while also integrating with other Accela and 3rd party products and frameworks. Specifically, you will lead the development and integration of Accela’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) called AccessCRM with Accela Civic Platform supporting 100s of CRM customers.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Key contributor to the development and maintenance of native iOS development of the CRM mobile offerings that interfaces with both government agencies and citizen access alike
- Participate and collaborate in the development of Accela CRM mobile applications
- Work closely with other development teams to help integrate the CRM product to Accela Civic Platform
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Optimize web and mobile applications to maximize speed and scale
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 years of development experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of software development experience in native iOS mobile development environment (Swift/Objective-C)
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Amazon cloud, Azure Cloud is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation