Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
You’ve probably been crazy for technology since you were a kid and are motivated by tough technical challenges. You seek out technical training and enjoy finding new tools to help solve complex problems. If you have spent time in the corporate world you most likely held a position that involved new technologies, innovation or are really keen on trying something new.
As a Software Support Engineer (Tier 3 Customer Support), you will be a key contributor in the development and support of a new and exciting high-tier support team focused on solving the toughest technical problems. You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software with a focus on quality customer support with a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Key responsibilities and impact you will make in the role:
- Support and oversight of our highest tier “Platinum” customers
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve complex issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking system, requirements, other technical teams, etc
- Participate in the creation and development of our highest support team
- Coach and nurture junior analysts to build skills and offer growth opportunity
- Participate in debugging tools and training development
- Provide senior level support of Accela Civic Platform solutions (focused on SaaS), primarily built on Java technologies
- Perform code analysis, debugging, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Optimize web and mobile applications to maximize speed and scale
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of Customer Support experience
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in design and development of public facing & private REST APIs
- Strong and demonstrable experience developing, troubleshooting and implementing third party interfaces.
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience of the following is highly desirable:
- JAVA 1.7 & higher, Any messaging system, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, SOAP/REST, Web Services, XML, JSON, Java Unit Testing Frameworks and
- Use of tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, App Dynamics etc.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL,stored procedures, schema design in large scale relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL. Nosql database design and optimization experience
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, stored procedures, schema design in large scale relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL. Nosql database design and optimization experience
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Amazon cloud, Azure Cloud
Benefits and Perks:
- Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.