Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where do you fit:
As a Support Engineer, you will be a key member of a new and exciting high-tier support team focused on solving the toughest technical problems. You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
Key responsibilities and impact you will make in the role:
- Contributes and influences best practices in development, implementation, and continuous improvements of critical software and systems.
- Develops and deploys a strategy and training utilizing both the tools and the dynamic systems of Six Sigma.
- Facilitates process improvement teams as needed including support and QA.
- Perform analysis at both the SaaS and On-Premise levels.
- Provides technical assistance as needed (code analysis, architecture analysis, etc.)
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Accela Software in all aspects including .Net, Java, JQuery, and SQL
- Leads and drives the establishment and acceptance of software and process performance.
- Rigorously challenges performance implementation and continuous improvement to ensure positive change.
- Develops the measures and controls required to assess current capabilities and help improve capabilities as required.
- Determines critical processes and variables to be monitored and controlled.
- Works with key “Platinum” customers to ensure stability and oversight.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related job experience
- 5+ years of continuous software improvement experience
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Strong and demonstrable experience with troubleshooting and debugging of public facing & private REST APIs
- Strong and demonstrable experience developing, troubleshooting and debugging third party interfaces.
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
Experience of the following is highly desirable:
- JAVA 1.7 & higher, Any messaging system, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, SOAP/REST, Web Services, XML, JSON, Java Unit Testing Frameworks and
- Use of tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, App Dynamics etc.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL,stored procedures, schema design in large scale relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL. Nosql database design and optimization experience
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, stored procedures, schema design in large scale relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL. Nosql database design and optimization experience
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Amazon cloud, Azure Cloud
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.