Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela product marketers identify and evaluate emerging needs in government technology and share that information with the rest of the organization. They work in lock step with our Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams to articulate messaging and positioning that resonates with customers and prospects. This team creates go to market campaigns that ensure successful product and initiative launches and arms our sales team with the tools they need to convert interest into adoption. They monitor the size of our addressable market, how to attack it, and how to expand it.
The Vice President, Product Marketing leads a team of product marketers responsible for market research, salesforce enablement, and customer communication. If you have demonstrated successes leading both the strategic and tactical aspects of these functions, we would love to talk with you.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Conduct market research regarding government technology trends.
- Identify addressable market size and segmentation. Monitor penetration of existing market and identify means of expanding the market through new communication strategies, product enhancements, and expansion into adjacencies.
- Partner with Product Management to identify meaningful market and product positioning, segmented by market and buyer personas. Leverage this to develop sales tools including data sheets, battle cards, standard presentations, communication plans, and webinars.
- Consolidate and normalize customer messaging to ensure consistency in tone and cadence. Team up with Marketing to align product communications with corporate marketing plans.
- Coordinate multi-touch go to market campaigns for our products and initiatives. Monitor and report on the success of these campaigns.
- Work with corporate marketing and demand generation teams to develop strategies and inform programs that drive demand for our products, platforms and solutions.
- Collaborate with the sales organization to provide thorough win-loss analysis, by product, segment, and buyer persona.
- Keep current regarding Accela’s product line, competitor products, and industry trends and share this information with the broader organization on a regular basis.
- Mentor product marketers, assisting them with growth in product marketing best practices.
- Proven experience in rapidly learning new industries and markets. Must be able to quickly get up to speed regarding our market landscape, products, and competitors.
- 10 or more years leading the product marketing function in the SaaS B2B enterprise software space is required. Experience in state and local government software is a plus as is demonstrated experience supporting global product offerings. Experience driving on-premise to SaaS migration projects also a plus.
- Must be outcome-driven and proactive in your approach to working with other teams. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about winning and rally others around that goal.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to gather/synthesize market information and customer research to drive business planning and strategy.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to coach others on crafting language to arrive at desired outcomes.
- Strong collaboration & negotiation skills, showing ability to influence without ownership, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve agreed upon business outcomes.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, support, marketing, sales, and technology teams required.
- Flexible and able to adapt within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, computer science, or a related discipline required. MBA preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.