Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela product managers are responsible for the success of our government automation and citizen interaction software products from inception through development and release, continuing with ongoing maintenance and enhancement. Product managers proactively work with customers and prospects to incorporate product feedback with their in-depth knowledge of changing industry and technology trends. They ensure Accela products exceed the needs of our customers and remain the most innovative in the industry.
The Product Operations Manager will work closely with the Product Management team to implement standards across the organization covering reporting and analytics, process improvement, roadmap planning, and business case justification. This role will help product managers gather and interpret adoption data and other information to provide a consistent basis for product health assessment. The Operations Manager will also collaborate with peers in other organizations to represent Product Management in cross-team initiatives.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Product Operations Manager will:
- Collaborate with product managers and data analysts to develop product health dashboards covering product adoption, defect trends, and other metrics.
- Assist Product Management team leadership in rolling out new practices and standards across the Product Management organization.
- Develop and implement tracking tools to monitor defect trends, on time feature delivery, and resource needs.
- Align roadmap and release planning practices with the Release Management and Engineering organizations. Ensure annual release schedules meet the needs of the product management team.
- Assist the Product Management team in assessing and reporting on project risks and mitigations.
- Provide regular reports to leadership regarding risks and improvement trends.
- Partner with product managers to ensure feature initiatives impacting multiple teams are coordinated and released on time with feature planning milestones met as needed to ensure on time delivery.
- Create and manage repeatable processes for beta program management.
- Schedule and manage cross-team initiative coordination meetings involving resources from product management, engineering, and client services. These include pricing committee meetings, product end of life meetings, and others.
- 7+ years of experience managing software programs, projects, or products in an agile development environment.
- Results oriented and able to drive a bias for action across other teams through indirect influence. Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, including representatives from product management, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales.
- Exposure to the product management function through either previous work experience in the role or close collaboration with the role.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in data aggregation and BI practices required, including the use of visualization tools like Tableau, Logi, or Qlik. The operations manager is not expected to be a technical resource, but should understand data management and analytics to a degree that allows them to define requirements for our data analysts. You should be familiar with BI/visualization tools, and an expert with Excel.
- Experience with roadmap tools like Aha, ProductPlan, or Portfolio is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and able to adapt within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- An MBA and a bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or an engineering discipline required.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.