About the Role
The Channel Partner Manager will work collaboratively across Accela’s partner ecosystem to deepen relationships and enhance partner-driven go-to-market with Accela’s North American Sales team.
In this role they will work directly with both internal and external teams across organizational levels to identify shared opportunities and target account-level pipeline progression. They must be comfortable advocating key areas and driving shared actions; strong follow-up, deal management and communication will be essential for success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have the business acumen to articulate value and manage and communicate winning partner strategies aligned with Accela Selling efforts. They will establish relationships across Accela stakeholders (Global Alliances, Marketing, Sales) and with partner counterparts (Business Development, Sales, Marketing). They must understand and articulate the Accela Value proposition and be a liaison for their partners across Accela.
A background spanning technology consulting, partner management, or govtech sales is desired and knowledge of the SaaS market for State and Local Government is highly preferred.
• Work with partners to identify opportunities and target account-level pipeline progression
• Pioneer and scale cross-company selling processes to drive adoption of Accela Civic Applications
• Develop and maintain relationships with the Accela Sales Organization
• Develop and maintain relationships within the partner, sales, marketing, partner support, Accela Professional Services and Cloud Operations organizations
• Responsible for the day-to-day relationship management of channel partners
• Act as a liaison between the Accela and assigned channel partners.
• Build, maintain, and manage relationships with current and prospective channel partners.
• Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
• Coordinate the involvement of Accela personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
• Manage direct/channel conflict by fostering excellent communication between the channel and direct teams
• Ensures partner compliance with Channel Partner programs and agreements
• Participate in a partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
• Identifies partner GTM &/or services offerings; working with partner sales resources
• Previous experience of driving channel sales ideally within the gov tech space
• Understanding of how to grow channel pipeline and increase win rates with partners
• Experience managing partner relationships that are based in developing and delivering service offerings tied to vendor product
• Demonstrated progressive experience selling gov tech or enterprise solutions in an assigned territory via channel partners
• Interest in Govtech and State and Local Government
• Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners and the Accela team.
• Strong personal network within the industry.
• Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
• Previous experience in the Accela Ecosystem
• Previous Experience in the Microsoft Azure Cloud Ecosystem
• 5+ years of experience in similar industry, software solutions
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.