About this role:
Accela is currently seeking an Account Executive for the Mid-West region of the U.S.
The ideal candidate is experienced at maintaining and growing the investments of current Accela Accounts, specifically government agencies located in the Mid-West region. The Account Executive will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships and for selling Accela’s subscription and perpetual licenses. Activities include assisting with direct marketing and lead generation campaigns, attending trade shows, assisting with account collection, managing sales efforts, prospecting, lead follow-up, preparation of budgetary estimates, preparation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract closures as well as actively documenting these activities within Salesforce.com. The ideal candidate must also understand project delivery and actively participate at a high-level if needed. In this role the Account Executive will be expected to facilitate customer interactions with all departments within Accela.
You should be able to:
• Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
• Identify and build relationships with key decision makers in existing client organizations
• Develop an understanding of business issues and opportunities to deliver high-impact solutions and manage the client roadmap
• Create strong customer loyalty and demand within accounts
• Maintain and grow revenue from existing clients by selling and cross-selling our solutions into new departments
• Lead and contribute to RFP responses
• Lead the development of account plans and manage periodic account reviews
• Manage an existing account and continue to build pipeline
• Accurately forecast opportunities for a rolling 12 month cycle
• Facilitate discussions internally and externally relative to customer coordination
• Provide proactive customer communication on product roadmap, delivery, and support initiatives
• Support Regional and National User Group meetings
We request that you have:
• 5+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
• Industry domain knowledge
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
• Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
• Prior RFP response skills
• Familiarity with government sales cycles
• Ability to travel up to 50%
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful.
To lean more about this amazing company please visit us at Accela.com We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.