About this role:
We are currently seeking a Presales Solutions Architect for a home-based position in the U.S. The PreSales Solutions Architect is responsible for understanding complex government processes in order to architect, design, and implement intuitive, easy-to-use demo solutions on the Accela Civic Platform. In this role, you will configure Accela software solutions to reflect target customer’s needs with our software offerings, interfacing regularly with customers, prospects, Accela PreSales Solution Engineers, and Salespeople.
The PreSales Solution Architect is a subject matter expert in three or more categories that may include: government process, application architecture, database & reporting, integration, security, cloud computing, mobility, and analytics.
With a broad IT background including solution architecture, technical infrastructure, cloud computing, the software development process (SDLC), and user experience design, the PreSales Solution Architect will be assigned to small-medium demonstration projects to architect, implement, and showcase cutting-edge, user-friendly solutions that meet prospect and customer needs. The Solution Architect will determine which Accela Civic Platform technologies to leverage based upon customer requirements, product knowledge, industry experience and Accela methodologies.
You should be able to:
• Analyze prospect demonstration requirements and develop detailed demo solutions that address the technical and business needs.
• Support full solution product demonstrations remotely and occasionally in person at prospect site and industry events throughout the country
• Articulate and promote Accela’s technology and product positioning to business and technical customers, prospects and partners
• Support customers via remote and occasional onsite account visits with follow up
• Provide solution-related assistance to other Accela departments and current customers
• Prepare functional requirements to convey product requirements to engineering, reflecting specific needs of the prospect and install base as a result of discussions and demo script requirements as well as requests from the sales team
• Work closely with the sales team as a key technical product advisor and advocate
• Remain informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars and trade publications
It would be great if you had:
• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
• An understanding of UI/UIX design thinking
• A good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
• Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures
• A good understanding of enterprise application integration, data migration (ETL), business intelligence
• Architectural and development experience of Web Services, responsive web design and mobile apps
• Understanding of the principles of network, application and information security
• Ability to lead customer facing sessions that result in a clear understanding of the requirements
• Previous practitioner or implementation experience of the Accela Civic Platform
• Experience with a professional consulting organization (e.g. Big 5 consulting)
• Government domain knowledge and experience
• Excellent customer facing skills with the ability to explain technical items to non-technical users
• Use of independent judgment under a minimum supervision
• Strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize action items and meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times with all users
Who we are:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with those who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.