About this role:
The individual in this role will be asked to lead a regional delivery team of project managers and consultants at a leading software provider in the GovTech market. As a Director of Professional Services at Accela, you’ll be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of state and local customer engagements and implementation projects. You will lead your teams to successful project delivery while also partnering with our sales team to drive new business and expansion opportunities.
As a key member of the Delivery team in this role you will:
• Drive growth and successful outcomes with a leading GovTech software provider
• Build, train, and lead your own team of direct reports
• Manage a geographic book of business where you get to maximize all projects to meet customer objectives as well as Accela KPIs
• Work with executive sponsors across multiple local and state government customers
• Be a functional contributor to succession planning, career progression, and overall opportunity development of yourself and your team
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
• Portfolio Management – you will be responsible for forecasting, estimating, and delivering Services KPIs: revenue, cash flow, utilization, and profitability
• Talent Management – you will be responsible for the recruiting, hiring, training, and success of project managers, functional consultants, and technical consultants
• Project Resourcing – you will be responsible for staffing decisions to support all projects in your portfolio as well as strategically plan for pipeline
• Add-On Sales – you will be responsible for expanding your portfolio within your geography by partnering with the Accela sales team to drive expansion opportunities within strategic accounts
• Cross Departmental Engagement – you will be responsible for operating an efficient escalation system that includes your peers in lateral departments as well as executive leadership
• Executive Oversight – you will be able to provide first point of escalation for key stakeholders at clients in your region with the goals being customer satisfaction, mitigation of risk, on time/on budget delivery.
• Strategic Partnerships – you will be able to partner with the sales team during the pre-sales window on strategic pursuits. You have the opportunity to influence and guide pre-sales activity to benefit the time to close as well as Accela’s potential to win the deal.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
• Program/Project Management
• Services Sales
• Financial Management
• Business Acumen
• Executive Stakeholder Management
• Cross Functional Collaboration
• Enterprise Software Implementation Experience
• Public Sector Knowledge and Experience (recommended)
• Up to 50% Travel
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.