About this Role:
The Director, Sales Enablement is responsible for supporting Accela’s growth engine by providing our sales teams with both sales and product expertise. As a leader of the team, you will support setting the vision and managing how we implement ongoing education/enablement for global sales. In this role, you will be accountable for quantitatively driving onboarding programs that decrease ramp times, manage new product/solution learning development needs, and scale and execute an ongoing education program.
- Drive onboarding programs that decrease time to first bookings
- Introduce new hires to Accela organization and product
- Train sales hires to effectively deliver Accela products and services
- Improve sales rep productivity through:
- Guiding messaging and content creation
- Operational effectiveness
- Ongoing training and education
- Define the enablement requirements across segments and functions to build learning cycles that align with the company’s objectives
- Scope, source, and/or build educational programs around sales management and product
- Partner with internal teams including Marketing, People, and Product to build comprehensive content and collateral
- Leverage Sales Enablement tool (Highspot) to enable sales on messaging/product solutions and for delivery of marketing content to customers and prospects
- Enable sales management to improve sales rep effectiveness
- Contribute to evolution of sales methodology
- Responsible for effective sales kickoff and midyear meetings
- Develop sales management training
- Measure and monitor the impact of learning initiatives and the enablement program
- Actively collaborate with Marketing to understand which campaigns are working well and identify areas for improvement to improve pipeline and revenue health
- Work closely with Product Marketing to understand product positioning and messaging as well as help with new product launches to ensure the Sales teams are enabled prior to new releases
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience direct selling and sales enablement combined
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree or certification in education a plus
- Knowledge of Sales Enablement tooling and Sales Methodologies
- Prior experience in a SaaS company in areas of sales enablement and strategy.
- Ability to both manage a team and function as a strong individual contributor.
- Track record of success in a fast-paced software company; experience with a Private Equity (PE) owned company’s operating plan and metrics
- Strong expertise in high growth enterprise software sales GTM strategy and execution
- Extremely well organized and a self-starter, ability to work independently but also in highly collaborative, team environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong Salesforce.com, Excel and PowerPoint skills. Highspot experience a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a Responsible Time Off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes, and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers, and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.