About this role:
We are looking for a Product Manager based in Draper, UT.
Product Management is charged with being the customer’s voice within Accela. They drive product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions. We are defining innovative solutions for Governments to be more productive and better serve their citizens. You will create business cases, product roadmaps, product requirements and will interact with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing, partners, and customers. This position requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, good business sense, and experience with SaaS software business and development processes.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Manage Accela’s requirements and development of solutions for state and local government.
- Work with customers, partners and key stakeholders to define business use cases and product roadmaps that guide development. Define strategies for pricing and revenue opportunities. Be able to communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Evangelize solutions within Accela and to developer, partner and customer community to expand usage of the platform. With your continuous interactions with customers, prospects, and partners, act as the voice of the market for others in the company.
- Configure solutions using a combination of self-service tools and other technology developed to assist in delivering the solution.
- Package and distribute solutions to Professional Services, Implementation Partners, and Customers.
- Create and maintain user documentation and implementation guides.
- Create goals that define the success of your product and build KPIs to track your success
- Work with product marketing, sales, support, training, and professional services to ensure all teams can effectively sell and implement your product vision. Create feedback loops to gather field input and translate back to product enhancements.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 2-5 years of experience in full life-cycle Product Management
- Previous experience in enterprise software, SaaS solutions, low-code configuration tools
- Experience in one or more categories a plus: process automation, application architecture, database & reporting, integration, security, and analytics
- Government regulatory process expert/industry experience in the following areas a strong plus: Land use and Community Development, Environmental Health, Cannabis and Liquor Licensing, and Fire Prevention
- Experience partnering with a professional services organization to ensure implementation and supportability needs are built into your roadmap
- Proven stakeholder management skills working with a cross-functional team to influence and lead across all parts of a geographically distributed organization
- Proven experience working in a product driven company building a successful solution
- Previous experience presenting product vision, business results and driving collaborative discussion among large teams, to business stakeholders and executives
- Experience as a product owner in an agile environment
- Proven track record of delivering successful SaaS enterprise software
- Experience identifying and addressing customer needs, building relationships with customers, and communicating with customers in a clear and knowledgeable manner
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a track record of measuring and reporting key performance indicators including revenue, market adoption, margin and up-sell/cross sell
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.