About the Role:
In short, the Director, Growth & Field Marketing at Accela is responsible for creating and accelerating recurring revenue pipeline for the U.S. and Canada. You will develop revenue-driving strategies, programs, and campaigns that sit at the intersection of sales and marketing -- helping capture the company’s growth opportunity at a critical inflection point. You will achieve this by collaborating with go-to-market stakeholders including sales and sales management, partner marketing, product marketing, as well as marketing ops and sales ops to identify the highest-value targets, then work with field marketers, events, digital marketing and teleprospecting resources to execute and optimize both regional and solutions-specific programs against those targets.
Target audiences include prospects (acquisition) and customers (upsell/cross-sell) -- for government agencies with a population of 25K+. Directly fueling pipeline for AEs (customer) and BDEs (new business) is a primary focus, but core to growth acceleration and scale will be leveraging our partner ecosystem and leading highly coordinated sales / marketing plays. You will be responsible for driving campaign strategy, setting priorities, expanding marketing outcomes and accountability, and delivering on ambitious revenue goals. While the geographical focus initially is the U.S. and Canada, you will be building a center of excellence for scale into other markets.
This role is an outstanding and unique opportunity for a passionate go-to-market professional, and reports to the Senior Vice President of Marketing. We seek someone who has the capability and willingness to roll up their sleeves as we scale, and most of all provide vision and guidance as we hire additional staff reporting to you.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
1. Increase demand for Accela’s Civic Platform and portfolio of Civic Applications
• Develop, execute, and measure innovative demand creation programs across the buying cycle to generate new inquiries, qualify and convert prospects, drive sales meetings, and grow the sales pipeline (as measured by opportunities). Leverage agencies as warranted.
• Work with marketing communications, product marketing and external resources to produce content that will support inbound strategies and outbound campaigns.
• Work with the program management, marketing operations, and event management teams to set and achieve program goals, monitor results, deliver quality execution, and optimize for business impact.
• Leverage the teleprospecting resources successfully generate sales opportunities, and ensure they have clear targets and effective plays.
2. Drive account-targeted growth in the US and Canada
• Partner with sales (Account Executives for cross-sell/upsell, Business Development Executives for new targets) to develop growth plans for territories and accounts.
• Identify market segments, target accounts and key personas that will create the highest yield from effort and investment to grow existing customer accounts and drive new business.
• Leverage marketing data and sales insights to curate a deep understanding of those targets, including needs, their purchase process, and how they consume communications to ensure the most effective outreach.
• Create a mix of tactics (including creative use of virtual events, email, paid, community, partner co-marketing) that creates leads for sales pursuit and/or progresses deals.
• Lead team of 2 (East/West) field marketers to execute the plans in market.
• Understand the product portfolio to ensure campaigns communicate differentiated value.
3. Lead accountability for marketing effectiveness
• Own marketing sourced pipeline targets. This position will be measured primarily on meeting AQL and MQL objectives, and conversion to sales opportunities.
• Work with marketing and sales ops to leverage salesforce.com, Marketo, and other tools to measure and report on campaign KPIs and pipeline results including AQLs, MQLs, opps created, CPL, etc.
• Hold team and sales responsible for their respective roles in progressing leads.
4. Build process for scale, efficiency, and maximum results
• Create a business-case driven approach to allocating marketing investment across channels (spend levels, media mix, and creative development components), using account insights, financial data, testing, and analytics from sales and marketing ops.
• Manage repeatable, cyclical feedback loops with sales that will improve conversion rates, win rates, and deal velocity.
• Work with your team of 2 field marketers as well as sales enablement to train sales and hold them accountable for their campaign responsibilities.
Expertise you’ll bring (Skills and Qualifications):
• Demonstrated experience growing pipeline via account-targeted and performance marketing within a B2B technology or services company. Experience with government or other regulated industries a plus.
• Inspirational leadership and effective management skills.
• Maturity and skill in working with senior executives, customers, and sales teams to align on goals and work through business challenges.
• You must be highly motivated by the prospect of accelerating growth of a market leader.
• You must have a strong bias for action and the ability to foster a results-driven mentality across marketing and sales.
• Proven success at creating and executing B2B campaigns – both general demand generation and account-based marketing.
• Deep familiarity with salesforce.com, Marketo and ability to recommend other technologies in support of demand gen and ABM.
• Proficiency and enthusiasm for analyzing results, customer data, and market trends.
• Adept at orchestrating complex programs across targets and solutions, while working withing a budget and critical timelines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• B.A. required in relevant field, M.B.A. preferred.
• Minimum 10 years experience.
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.