Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
About this role:
The Sr. Revenue Analyst/Accountant will play a crucial role in the month end close process and will have an opportunity to help create and develop a scalable financial accounting organization.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Manage/maintain accountability for accuracy/efficiency of revenue accounting processes related to month-end close, process improvement/scalability, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
- Assist the financial close process for monthly, quarterly and annual financials, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Review sales contracts and revenue recognition schedules for compliance with our revenue recognition policy under ASC 606.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits including preparing supporting schedules, quarterly revenue/deferred revenue summaries, and variance analysis for related GL accounts
- Contribute to special projects as needed such as ERP system implementation and other ad-hoc revenue projects
- Prepare/present financial information related to month-end close, ad hoc requests from FP&A and business partners, identify insights/key takeaways to help the business scale and be more efficient
- Design and maintain an effective internal control environment, collaborate with external auditors during year-end audits
- Collaborate with technical accounting ensuring appropriate accounting for new initiatives, help document related memos/policies
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- CPA/CA or CPA candidacy required
- SaaS industry experience preferred but not required
- At least 3 years of public accounting experience with a strong working knowledge of ASC 606
- Advanced Excel skills
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Highly organized with great attention to detail along with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical skills combined with good business judgment
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills
- Motivated by challenging, dynamic and demanding environment
- Flexible and able to manage multiple and constantly changing priorities
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.