About this role:
The Product Manager is charged with being the customer’s voice within Accela. They drive product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions. We are defining innovative solutions for Governments to be more productive and better serve their citizens. You will create business cases, product roadmaps, product requirements and collaborate with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing and with partners and customers. This position requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, good business sense, and experience with SaaS software business and development processes.
• Manage the business requirements, roadmap and development for Accela’s platform capabilities, including Accela GIS and its integration with ESRI GIS products, as well as document management and other key capabilities.
• Work with scrum team in agile development process, write and prioritize product requirements and ensure team delivers on desired product outcomes.
• Work with customers, partners and key stakeholders to define business use cases, product roadmap and technical approach for development. Define strategies for pricing and revenue generation for potential new services. Be able to communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
• Evangelize solution within Accela and to partners and customer community to drive usage and revenue.
• Create the revenue and usage goals that define the success of your product and build KPIs to track your success
• Work with product marketing, sales, support and delivery to ensure all teams can effectively sell and implement your product vision. Create feedback loop to gather field input and translate back to product enhancements.
• Work with ESRI partner team to analyze potential new features and services and help shape the partnership strategy.
You should have:
• 5+ years of experience in full life-cycle Product Management, with proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software or SaaS products
• Previous experience in enterprise software, managing a product with GIS or data visualizations components.
• Technical expertise in SaaS application architecture and experience integrating with third-party software solutions
• Experience defining and driving the success of third-party product integrations and joint product solutions
• Proven stakeholder management skills working with a cross-functional team to influence and lead across all parts of the organization
• Proven experience working in a product driven company building a successful solution
• Previous experience presenting product vision, business results and driving collaborative discussion among large teams, to business stakeholders and executives
• Experience as a product owner in an agile environment with remote teams
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with a track record of measuring and reporting key performance indicators including revenue, market adoption, margin and up-sell/cross sell
• Superior communication and presentation skills addressing large audiences
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.