About this role:
As a Performance Test Engineering Lead you will be focusing on performance engineering to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability of the core platform products & infrastructure, develop and maintain test strategy and test development inline with Agile development process. In this role, you will lead performance testing efforts across different product lines and engineering disciplines. You are expected to support multiple Cloud migration and Production initiatives using a wide range of tools and utilities, you identify performance related issues in the applications and systems and present your findings to other teams in the organization to ensure system reliability. You will be a Performance Advocate, as a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, understanding customer experience, migrations , new cloud initiatives, improving product performance, Optimize environments. Opportunity to build test procedures with the latest feasible tools and techniques, establish test automation process to improve testing productivity. Advise on needed infrastructure and testing guidelines.This is a largely cross functional opportunity working with software product, development and support teams, capable of handling tasks to accelerate the testing delivery and to improve the quality for Applications at Accela
In this role you will:
- Design and implement solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability of SaaS / Mobile Apps / Platform and adaptor applications
- Accountable for the successful launch of scalable Platform Products, API gateway, Mobile Apps and Adaptors Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments
- Provide technical expertise in performance requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of scalable and SaaS solutions
- Participate in design and architectural review of the Engineering eco-system to voice performance and scalability concerns
- Develop tools and processes to test software applications using JMeter, Load Runner and Python/Java to automate simulation of expected user workloads to identify performance bottlenecks and Usage of monitoring tools like Datadog and Database monitoring tools
- Execute and Analyze test results and establish reliable statistical models for response time, throughput, network utilization and other application performance metrics
- Identify the bottlenecks in the hardware and software platform, application code stack, network and measure and document reliable predictions on potential bottlenecks as computing platforms and workloads change
- Participate and support in design and evaluation of new tools, frameworks, techniques to enhance system performance, scalability and stability techniques
- Product focused mindset and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, and performance and scalability issues.
- Identify gaps, issues, or other areas of concern, and proactively define, propose, and enact process and workflow improvements to mitigate such issues.
- Experience in collaborating with Development, SRE, Database, CloudOps, Security and other teams in evaluating performance issues and solutions for the infrastructure of the entire company
You should have:
- 12+ Years of Performance Test Engineering Experience for Product Organization
- Master/Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering and any related discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS and Cloud Migrations
- Be a thinker, help in finding performance bottlenecks, debug to get RCA and provide/recommend a working solution.
- Strong Debugging, Monitoring, Optimization skills using LoadRunner, J Meter, Data dog or similar tools.
- Expert ability to identify performance issues within the J2EE/.Net architecture Load balancers, IIS, Database(Oracle/SQL), Operating System, Network, Software (JAVA/.Net) and Hardware
- Hands-on experience building enterprise level performance test suites
- Own end-to-end product performance of all Accela applications and services.
- Knowledge and hands on experience working with distributed caching systems like Redis, etc.
- Understanding of REST Principles and APIs, Mobile Frameworks and thirdparty integrations
- Experience in building statistical analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience with SAAS deployment, manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environment
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments with working knowledge of Scrum principles and methodologies
- Ability to collaborate closely with clear communication skills
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.