About this role:
As a Sr Platform Test Engineer, part of an Engineering division, focusing on testing core platform architecture requirements, building innovative technical testing solutions, maintain test strategy and test development in line with Agile development process. You will be a Technical QA Advocate, as a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, understanding customer experience, improving product quality. Opportunity to build test procedures with the latest feasible tools and techniques, establish test automation process to improve testing productivity. Advise on needed infrastructure and testing guidelines. This is a largely cross functional opportunity working with Software product, development, infrastructure and operational teams, capable of handling tasks to accelerate the testing delivery and to improve the quality for Applications at Accela.
In this role you will:
- Accountable for the successful launch and quality delivery of new, key Accela Platform Architecture Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments, Performance, Security and Compliance activities.
- Provide technical expertise in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed systems
- Product focused mindset and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, and performance and scalability issues
- Hands on experience testing SDK,UI, API/Services, Data, Performance
- Experience in collaborating with Network, Database, Ops, Security and other teams in evaluating Functional & performance issues and building test solutions
- Participate in design and architectural review of the Engineering eco-system to voice quality concerns and ensure quality views are articulated properly
- Design system evaluations through the lens of a customer use case perspective and determine suitability for use
- Predict and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and risks expected to arise during the integration of existing and new system features
- Collaborate with cross functional and support team to identify, log, triage, root-cause, and communicate defects using established tools like JIRA
- Suggest and introduce new methodologies for test suite development, regression, and functional /Integration testing
- Mentor other members of the team through collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Implement QA methodology, test suite optimization, testing techniques and approaches to improve quality
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Ability to work with cross functional teams geographically located by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks
- Integrations and Automation, manage test infrastructure that can span development delivery models
You should have:
- 10+ Years of Test Engineering Experience for Product Organization
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering and any related discipline
- Strong Technical QA experience with understanding of Functional, Performance, Integration, Security testing techniques and approaches
- Experience with SAAS of both technical and non-technical requirements at scale in the areas of system performance, scalability, latency, reliability and security
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of Python, Java, SQL and API gateways testing experience and Cloud environments (Azure)
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments with working knowledge of Scrum principles and methodologies
- Experience of using Jenkins or other CI/CD tools, Monitoring tools, logs, Git or other SCM tools
- Experience in Open source automation development and Robot Framework Automation is a big plus
- Good Knowledge in developing and managing Automation using Python , Jmeter, Java, Selenium, Test NG and Robot Framework with Mobile Experience on Appium is a big plus
- Ability to collaborate closely with clear communication skills
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.