In this role, you will:
- Write well designed, clean, efficient code backed by unit tests
- Contribute to and follow best practice coding standards
- Work well in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Gain in depth functional and architectural knowledge of the Accela Application
- Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same
- Energetic individual with enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies & processes
You should have:
- Strong coding skills in Java.
- Strong object-oriented programming, design and architecture experience in Java.
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documentation and implementing software best practices.
- Optimize backend services to maximize speed and scale, with a primary focus on back end development.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into daily activities.
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Be an active participate on Agile team, with daily scrum meetings and other Agile ceremonies.
- Good analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Accountable for the successful launch and delivery of new, key Accela Product Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments activities.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise applications using enterprise Java and has worked both on Web and Server side technologies.
- A strong Java Backend Developer with Core Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST Web-services.
- Expertise in Java Unit Testing Frameworks and tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- As a Senior developer, must be comfortable switching tasks between Web Services, APIs, Batch Job engine or Web Development.
- Passionate Java developer who is also a problem solver and has a very good understanding of core and advanced Java concepts.
- Good understanding of database and data fundamentals in SQL Server 2019, Oracle and NoSql databases.
- Good understanding of Web Service concepts and experience building RESTful services is required.
- Experience with Containerization and Azure Cloud is a plus.
Who we are:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.