About this role:
As the Manager of Information Security you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining information security initiatives, architecture, infrastructure, policies, procedures, and programs to ensure information assets and data are protected. You will help grow and lead a team of security engineers to define and implement steps to achieve our near and long term vision for security while fostering and maintaining an inclusive security conscious culture. You will help develop and implement security initiatives and standards, conduct and oversee monitoring and auditing of compliance with regulatory and internal standards including incident response and investigations related to policy violations, security breaches, threats, and attacks. In this role you will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to help develop, implement, communicate, and drive full lifecycle security initiatives. You will work internally and partner with disparate teams to evaluate and develop security tools, services, and infrastructure that will continuously improve our security posture that helps ensure the continued trust and confidence of Accela services.
- Manage the activities and personnel of the information security team focused on product security, security engineering, security operations, and incident response.
- Help lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of global security policy, enterprise security standards, guidelines and procedures; develop emergency procedures and incident response protocols; acts as the control point during significant privacy and security incidents.
- Partner with disparate cross-functional teams to assess infrastructure/information asset/business continuity risks and recommend remediation plans to protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of critical enterprise assets.
- Prioritize identified risks in accordance with corporate security policies and pragmatic threats and translate them into executable cross functional projects.
- Evaluate, Recommend and implement build/buy solutions to remediate infrastructure/information asset/business continuity risks.
- Continue to strengthen existing security configurations across existing infrastructure landscape to improve deterrence.
- Aid in incident management of security incidents and analyze and recommend root cause solutions.
- Educate engineering teams on dos and don’ts from a design/development standpoint to ensure security is integrated into their processes.
- Establish and refine appropriate authentication/authorization models for application and services access.
- Help lead and prioritize security initiatives/investments impacting Accela’s security posture, based on appropriate risk and financial analysis.
- Serve as an advisor to cross-functional teams in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a strong cybersecurity program and infrastructure, including network access and monitoring policies.
- Understand potential threats, vulnerabilities, and control techniques. Monitor network of vendors and employees to ensure the safeguarding of information assets.
- Help lead and maintain global regulatory compliance and audit requirements and efforts related to SOC2, HIPAA, PCI, and CCPA, etc.
You should have:
- 2+ years of experience managing security initiatives and personnel
- 6+ years of experience in enterprise security handling infrastructure and application security engineering
- Strong experience with SIEM tools, firewall security configurations and DLP solutions.
- Solid execution track record in security projects with demonstrated risk reduction ROI
- Experience maintaining and securing cloud, data center (including hybrid), and corporate environments. Azure Security Center experience a strong plus.
- Experience with compliance, audit, and security frameworks in the context of NIST, SOC, HIPAA, PCI, and FedRAMP a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to stay up to speed on evolving threat surfaces and shaping/influencing information security portfolio accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively with IT leadership, infrastructure teams, developers, analysts and vendors.
- Strong ability to positively influence engineering/infrastructure teams, solid work ethic and strong team player.
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.