About this role
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual with a passion for technology and excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
You will be a part of an energetic team with a passion for building innovative software products and a collaborative upbeat work ethic where you have ownership over a part of each release.
You bring integrity to your work, you are passionate about software quality, continuous improvement and excellent program design.
You are interested in working on market leading cloud-native product features and prototypes as part of a fast-paced software development team.
Your strong programming and analysis skills and diligent attention to detail will help us deliver on a progressive roadmap which includes exciting brand-new service development opportunities.
Critically, you’re a collaborative team player with a fantastic work ethic.
In this role you will
- Join the scrum team that owns development of Accela’s core API service, servinig millions of client API calls every day, built with C#/.Net as core technologies and deployed to Azure
- Contribute to full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment.
- Participate in the development of the product with the team, through Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming
- Perform Code Reviews, write unit tests, write documentation and implement software best practices
- Collaborate with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- You will contribute to the full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment. You will turn ideas into prototypes and prototypes into products, evaluate emerging software technologies, evaluate third party solutions.
You must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of development experience as a software engineer
You should have
- C# / .Net 4.5 & higher. Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing C# best practices, valuing scalability, availability and performance.
- Web API/MVC
- ReST and/or SOAP Web Services – public and private facing APIs
- Good experience with Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as XUnit, VS Testing, etc.
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Azure Cloud
It would be great if you had
- Enterprise SAAS systems
- Azure/Azure DevOps
- NET Classic
Who we are
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.