Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
We are currently seeking a Solutions Engineer (PreSales) for a home-based position in the Eastern U.S. The Solutions Engineer is responsible for conducting product demonstrations to potential and current customers. This role will configure Accela software solutions to reflect target customer’s needs with our software offerings, interfacing regularly with customers and prospects.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Articulate and promote Accela’s technology and product positioning to business and technical customers, prospects and partners
- Analyze prospect demonstration requirements and develop detailed Accela demonstration scripts
- Deliver compelling and targeted full solution product demonstrations remotely and in person at prospect site and industry events throughout the country
- Support customers via onsite and remote account visits and follow up
- Provide solution-related assistance to other Accela departments and current customers
- Prepare functional requirements to convey product requirements to engineering, reflecting specific needs of the prospect and install base as a result of discussions and demo script requirements as well as requests from the sales team
- Work closely with the sales team as a key technical product advisor and advocate
- Remain informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars and trade publications
Expertise you will bring in:
- Government Agency Employment as a Subject Matter Expert preferably, IT Department with similar software solutions, or both
- Professional presentation skills along with the ability to improvise and adapt to meeting dynamics
- Ability to analyze and articulate customer business processes
- Technical ability to process available information in order to deploy and configure software
- Ability to effectively communication one on one with software users of all levels and roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Use of independent judgment under a minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize action items and meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times with all users
- Reside in assigned region and able to travel throughout the country, at times with minimal advanced notice (travel up to 75% of the time)
- 3 – 5 years minimum experience in sales and/or software product presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology, marketing/sales, or communication related field or the equivalent skill and knowledge
- Knowledge of local/state/federal government business processes in permitting, planning, asset, and enforcement activities, preferred
- Working experience in engineering or sales of similar software products or in the use of those products in target client base, or a combination of both
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a responsible time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.