Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Overview of the role:
Responsible for developing and securing net new business within a designated territory for all product offerings in the Accela portfolio.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
• Identify and build relationships with key decision makers in prospect organizations
• Develop an understanding of business issues and opportunities in order to create a high value proposal focused on delivering their desired outcomes
• Lead and contribute to RFP responses
• Lead the development of opportunity strategy plans and periodic account reviews
• Own your pipeline to ensure long term, consistent performance in quarterly/annual quota achievement
• Ability to accurately forecast opportunities for a rolling 12-month cycle
• Build a comprehensive territory plan that outlines strategy to secure new prospects
• Build a detailed account plan for each of the top 10 accounts
• Facilitate discussions internally and externally relative to prospect/sales campaign coordination
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
• Industry domain knowledge
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
• Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
• Prior RFP response skills
• Ability to travel in excess of 50%
• Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quota
• Demonstrated prospecting skills
• Familiarity with government sales cycles and decision processes
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.