Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Overview of the role:
The Senior Information Security Engineer is an experienced, technical security subject matter expert who serves as a senior member of the Information Security Department. This person is responsible for researching, evaluating, recommending, and maintaining a complex and broad-based security infrastructure and information security controls that deliver on accepted information and cyber security best practices to support local, state, and federal government entities. This individual will work closely with the IT and engineering organization to drive security requirements, and deliver on security objectives throughout the organization and help manage and maintain adherence to security standards.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
• Partner with the security engineering team to assess infrastructure/information asset/business continuity risks and recommend remediation plans to protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of critical enterprise assets.
• Prioritize identified risks in accordance with corporate security policies and pragmatic threats and translate them into executable cross functional projects.
• Evaluate, Recommend and implement build/buy solutions to remediate infrastructure/information asset/business continuity risks
• Continue to strengthen existing security configurations across existing infrastructure landscape to improve deterrence
• Evaluate DLP solutions for distributed data deployed in an on prem/private/public cloud configurations and strengthen processes, human/automated workflows to reduce risk of data loss.
• Aid in incident management of security incidents and analyze and recommend root cause solutions.
• Perform architectural review of on prem/cloud applications used by Accela to identify security risks, and provide recommendations to make them more secure. Work with leadership team to incorporate these recommendations into security project portfolio and drive execution.
• Educate engineering teams on dos and don’ts from a design/development standpoint to ensure security is integrated into their processes.
• Perform application penetration testing periodically to assess application security health.
• Establish and refine appropriate authentication/authorization models for application and services access.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
• 6+ years of experience in enterprise security handling infrastructure and application security engineering
• Strong experience with SIEM tools, firewall security configurations and DLP solutions.
• Solid execution track record in security projects with demonstrated risk reduction ROI
• Experience maintaining and securing cloud, data center (including hybrid), and corporate environments. Azure Security Center experience a strong plus.
• Experience with compliance and audit frameworks in the context of SOC, HIPAA, and PCI a strong plus.
• Demonstrated ability to stay upto speed on evolving threat surfaces and shaping/influencing information security portfolio accordingly
• Ability to communicate effectively with IT leadership, infrastructure teams, developers, analysts and vendors.
• Strong ability to positively influence engineering/infrastructure teams, solid work ethic and strong team player.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
• Competitive salaries
• Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
• 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
• Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.