About us: Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience.We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.At Accela,employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration.
You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Write well designed, clean, efficient code backed by unit tests
- Contribute to and follow best practice coding standards
- Work well in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same
- Energetic individual with enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies & processes
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Strong programming skills in Java.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design experience in Java.
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documentation and implementing software best practices.
- Optimize backend services to maximize speed and scale, with a primary focus on back end development.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into daily activities.
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Be an active participate on Agile team, with daily scrum meetings and other Agile ceremonies.
- Good analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise applications using enterprise Java 8 and has worked both on Web and Server side technologies.
- A strong Java Backend Developer with Core Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST Web-services.
- Expertise in Java Unit Testing Frameworks and tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- As a Senior developer, must be comfortable switching tasks between Web Services, APIs, Batch Job engine or Web Development.
- Passionate Java developer who is also a problem solver and has a very good understanding of core and advanced Java concepts.
- Good understanding of database and data fundamentals in SQL Server 2017, Oracle and NoSql databases.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work–we have some great benefits and perks:
. Competitive salaries
. Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
. 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
. Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.