Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
As a Software Support Engineer, you will work to provide support to new and existing customers with a primary focus of resolving technical issues through analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving in-bound cases. In this role you will provide thorough analysis and feedback to colleagues, peers, and customers and deliver a high level of customer service and follow up. The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise and will develop subject matter expertise in the Accela platform in order to resolve escalated and highly-technical cases. This role serves as a point of customer escalation. You will also act as a mentor to other teams. In this role you will work closely with Accela engineering teams and ensure that only true code defects are escalated to be fixed.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Perform analysis and troubleshooting for both SaaS and On-Premise environments
- Provide technical assistance to customers as needed (troubleshooting, code/architecture analysis, etc.)
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of the Accela platform and supporting technologies
- Represent the voice of the customer to Engineering and Product Management leadership teams
- Rigorously challenge the status-quo, holds other accountable and uses data to drive positive change
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other Support teams in both technical knowledge and “soft skills”
- Take ownership of sensitive and/or highly critical issues that need expedited resolution
- Create content and collaborates with others to improve the customer-facing knowledge base
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Expertise you will bring in:
- 4 year technical degree or equivalent experience
- Strong and demonstrable experience querying very large datasets from a variety of relational databases
- Experience working within an agile software development lifecycle
- Commercial experience with one or more modern programming/scripting languages
- Strong and demonstrable experience with troubleshooting public-facing & private REST APIs
- Strong and demonstrable experience interacting with and troubleshooting third party interfaces
- Strong and demonstrable experience with troubleshooting Windows Server environments
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, Sales, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences and outcomes
- Excellent problem solving, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and explore and evaluate them systematically
Experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Java EE, C#, ASP.NET, JBoss/Wildfly server, Linux, SOAP/REST Web Services
- Advanced knowledge of PL/SQL and T-SQL including cursors, stored procedures and query optimization
- Administration and performance tuning of Oracle Database Server and Microsoft SQL Server
- Good understanding of and working experience in cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Ability to interpret product architecture and system design
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.