Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
The Regional Director of Professional Services role will be Home Base and responsible for the Pacific Region (West Coast to Colorado).
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Drive success with a leader in the permitting and licensing industry
- Build, train, and lead your own team of direct reports
- Manage a geographic book of business where you get to maximize all projects to achieve deliverables, timely go lives, and financial efficiency
- Work with key stakeholders across multiple local and state governments
- Be a functional contributor to succession planning, career progression, and overall opportunity development of yourself and your team
Impact you will make in the role:
- Portfolio Management – you will be responsible for forecasting, estimating, augmenting, and delivering Services KPIs: revenue, cash flow, utilization and profitability
- Talent Management – you will be responsible for the recruiting, hiring, training, and success of project managers, functional consultants, and technical consultants
- Resource Capacity – you will have full autonomy to optimize staffing decisions to support all projects in your portfolio as well as strategically plan for pipeline
- Add-On Sales – you will be responsible for expanding your portfolio within existing projects or geographic boundaries by partnering with the Accela sales team to drive incremental Services revenue
- Cross Departmental Engagement – you will be responsible for operating an efficient escalation system that includes your peers in lateral departments as well as executive leadership
- Executive Oversight – you will be able to provide first point of executive oversight to key stakeholders at clients in your region with the goals being mitigation of risk, timely go live, and aligned budget expectaions
- Strategic Partnerships – you will be able to partner with the sales team during the pre-sales window on strategic pursuits. You have the opportunity to influence and guide pursuits to benefit the time to close as well as Accela’s potential to win the deal.
Expertise you will bring in:
- Program/Project Management
- Services Sales
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Executive Stakeholder Management
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Enterprise Software Implementation Experience
- Public Sector Knowledge and Experience (recommended)
- 50% Travel
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.