Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
As a Database Administrator, you will work as an individual contributor delivering exceptional customer experiences and leading the implementation of critical features to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s products – both on the web and mobile. You will be part of the Accela Civic Platform engineering team, developing new features and capabilities built on Ionic framework.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences, which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about providing attention to details.
If you are a motivated Database Administrator with excellent experience in all aspects of database administration and management, looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Develop Accela’s next generation Civic application platform
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers and QA engineers to deliver high quality database services
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
- Collaborate with developers to perform database design reviews and database code reviews for high performance
- Optimize the databases to maximize speed and scale
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
Expertise you will bring in:
- Experienced in all aspects of database management
- SQL Server Availability Groups
- SQL Server Log shipping and Replication
- SQL Server HA / DR
- Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
- Backup and Recovery
- Mastery in Windows System Administration and Windows clustering
- Expertise in creating, editing and maintaining PowerShell scripts
- Experience in managing 24x7 production database systems
- Ability to remediate operational performance of database processes, including:
- System Health/Monitor: DB Monitoring – Ignite / App Dynamics
- Experience with SSRS, Power Bi and Crystal Reports is a plus
- Experience with Data warehouse and ETL processing is a plus
- Ability to create automated remediation
- Data migration between database platforms like Oracle and SQL Server
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related field
- 3+ years of Azure / Cloud experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in production
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.