Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and customer service and able to thrive in a fast-moving environment. As an Implementation Engineer you will work closely with customers (typically government agencies) and Accela partners to create highly technical solutions, in code, to address their key business problems. In this role you will primarily be engaged in project-based work. In addition to writing the code, you will play a lead role in all phases of each project including: project definition, requirements gathering, scoping, and acceptance testing. You will be part of an agile, cutting-edge team that encourages career growth, collaboration, and work-life balance.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Work directly with customers to evaluate and create technical solutions to advanced business problems
- Provide expertise to scope, plan, and execute projects in code
- Create add-on components to extend the Accela platform
- Designs and create integrations between the Accela platform and third-party products
- Automate business processes and drive efficiency for our customers
- Performs other duties as required
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 4-year degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience writing customer-facing code commercially
- Experience interacting with REST and/or SOAP based APIs
- Experience with SQL, Crystal Reports, and/or SSRS and writing complex queries against very large datasets
- Strong understanding of programming fundamentals
- Self-driven, able to juggle many tasks under tight deadlines, comfortable bringing forward ideas
- Proven ability to collaborate and deliver exceptional outcomes
- Ability to establish lasting rapport with customers
- Comfortable presenting to customers, including senior management
- Strong troubleshooting skills and out-of-the-box problem solving
Experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Advanced knowledge of PL/SQL and T-SQL including cursors, stored procedures and query optimization
- Experience with Accela products
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.