Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
Work as a Test Automation Engineer on the Accela Mobile team who develop Android and iOS apps for government agency employees working in the field. Plan, build and execute on building out a test automation approach, framework and high value test cases, hooked up to dialing CI builds. Advise on needed infrastructure, devices or cloud providers for the mobile test automation. This is a largely green field opportunity to join this team and make a large impact by reducing their manual testing efforts.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Demonstrate Core values of Accela products, maintain delivery focused Quality products
- Gain in depth functional and architectural knowledge of the Accela Mobile apps
- Design and build a test automation plan
- Select appropriate tooling and build out a test automation framework
- Automate a set of high value test cases that can be executed on each build
- Automate the regression test cases that can be executed on demand
- Train the other team members on the framework and tooling so they can contribute also
- Establish guidelines for test automation with the team
- Choose appropriate test automation approaches for different types of test cases
- Troubleshoot test automation issues with the developers in the team
- Be able to report on the test automation results and effectiveness
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 3+ Years of Mobile Testing with at least 1-2 years of test automation experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Experience in Java based automation development
- Experience of Appium or similar tools for mobile test automation
- Awareness or direct experience of real device testing or device cloud providers
- Awareness of weaknesses in Appium or other tooling
- Experience of building out a mobile testing framework from scratch
- Experience of using Jenkins or other CI tools
- Experience of using Git or other SCM tools
- Experience of designing and execution of test scenarios
- Ability to collaborate closely with clear communication skills
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental insurance plans
- Company pension plan
- 25 days’ vacation
- Travel Saver tickets and Bike to Work schemes
- Catered lunch on Fridays, fully stocked kitchen
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.