Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
Partner closely with the VP of Operations to drive and implement strategic company-wide initiatives. You will own the planning and execution of these cross functional projects as well as overseeing Accela’s internal business operations. This includes project management, managing systems, process improvement and driving insights to various business areas. You will utilize data to provide business insights and recommendations based on data that will drive strategy. You will supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications utilizing best practices and guide a team of business systems administrators.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Identify opportunity areas for improvement through data analysis and clearly structured solutions.
- Facilitate the achievement of corporate goals by aligning implementing key strategic initiatives to drive efficiency throughout the company.
- Implementing the direction for Accela’s internal business operations. ERP, CRM and PLM and other major business facing applications and process.
- Improve operational processes and support critical business strategies by directing the development, implementation and maintenance of application systems.
- Project manage new system implementations and systems modifications.
- Review and analyze existing applications and process effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user related activities to promote efficiency and effective system utilization
- Develop, distribute and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications
- Create controls and process to maintain data integrity across Accela.
- Serve as escalation point for all Business Application systems.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Microsoft, Salesforce and NetSuite environment, including 3 years of practical professional experience in project management. PMP certification a plus
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
- Experience with process improvement projects
- Data analytics
- Functional understanding of process in multiple areas of software business including Sales, Pricing, Finance, Support and Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross functional project teams
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines and to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills including conflict resolution skills
- Self motivated with capacity to independently drive project on time and on budget
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.