Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
What we're looking for
- You are a ‘systems thinker’ who sees beyond the problem at hand and considers the interplay between different parts of the system.
Leadership & organization
- Ability to interpret high-level strategy, and creative briefs, and apply to the task at hand.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills including the ability to plan own work, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work closely with user experience researchers to understand users' needs and goals, and with product managers and design to envision, rapidly prototype and iterate on different concepts.
- Develop a partnership with front-end engineers, deliver design an
- Being respectful, open-minded, and maintaining a positive attitude are core to our team. Everyone is responsible for contributing new ideas and being open to others’ input.
- Skilled in clearly communicating high concept and detailed design, both verbally and visually
- Ability to give and take direct feedback to meet requirements and push the product further
- Expertise in visual design, creating flows, and building click-through prototypes for complex applications
- Deep practical knowledge of design principles, layout, and visual hierarchy
- Experience designing large applications using a UI library of components and patterns
- Understanding of CSS, HTML, responsive design, and UI frameworks
- 3-5 years working as product or visual designer OR in a comparable role creating designs for enterprise web applications
- BA/BS in design or related degree (MS preferred)
- Must have an online portfolio showcasing your ability to deliver solid visual designs for enterprise web applications
Required technical skills
- Expert in your design tools of choice – Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar
- Ability to build click-through prototypes at various levels of fidelity for user testing
- Ability to produce visual comps for developers
Preferred technical skills
- Experience working iteratively in a scrum team practicing agile project management
- Ability to code designs in HTML and CSS
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.