Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
We are looking for a Product Manager based in San Ramon, CA.
Product Management is charged with being the customer’s voice within Accela. They drive product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions. We are defining innovative solutions for Governments to be more productive and better serve their citizens. You will create business cases, product roadmaps, product requirements and management interactions with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing, partners and customers. This position requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated, have strong leadership skills, good business sense, experience with SaaS software business and development processes.
- Manage Accela’s requirements and development for integration services and connectors to third-party systems, such as payment providers and document management systems, to support key business objectives for growing the network of partner integrations
- Manage developer portal and API requirements to support partners, customers and internal teams in development of web and mobile applications
- Work with customers, partners and key stakeholders to define business use cases, product roadmap and technical approach for development. Define strategies for pricing and revenue generation for APIs and partner network. Be able to communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions
- Evangelize solutions within Accela and to developer, partner and customer community to drive usage and revenue of integration components and APIs
- Create the revenue and usage goals that define the success of your product and build KPIs to track your success
- Work with product, marketing, sales, support and delivery to ensure all teams can effectively sell and implement your product vision. Create feedback loop to gather field input and translate back to product enhancements
- Work with partner team to analyze potential partners and determine partnership strategy relationships for the product
- 5+ years of experience in full life-cycle Product Management
- Previous experience in enterprise software, managing integrations, APIs or partner marketplaces
- Technical expertise in SaaS application architecture and experience in building and/or using APIs to integrate enterprise systems
- Experience defining and driving the success of partner integration and enterprise application marketplace strategies
- Proven stakeholder management skills working with a cross-functional team to influence and lead across all parts of the organization
- Proven experience working in a product driven company, building a successful solution
- Previous experience presenting product vision, business results and driving collaborative discussions among large teams to business stakeholders and executives
- Experience as a product owner in an agile environment
- Proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software or SaaS products required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a track record of measuring and reporting key performance indicators, including revenue, market adoption, margin and up-sell/cross sell
- Superior communication and presentation skills addressing large audiences
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.