Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Evangelize Accela platform in the developer and partner communites.
- Be the customer’s voice within Accela and develop an understanding of what our customers will need now and in the future.
- Contribute in the development and growth of Accela’s transformative solutions for local governments that enable mission critical processes to be more productive and help government improve the citizen experience.
- Manage interactions with customers and partners, as well as senior management, development, product, partner and marketing teams to bring new solutions to market.
- Create integration platform product strategy, define product requirements and manage sprint team to deliver exceptional product.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Manage Accela’s APIs and integration framework components to support key business objectives for growing the network of partner integrations and supporting robust application development.
- Work with key stakeholders to define business use cases, product roadmap, technical approach and strategies for pricing and revenue optimization. Be able to communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Be the expert in understanding the developer persona as well as end user persona across different partner and customer organizations and how the product can best deliver value for them
- Create the revenue and usage goals that define the success of your product and build KPIs to track your success
- Work with product marketing, sales, support and delivery to ensure all teams can effectively sell and implement your product vision. Create feedback loop to gather field input and translate back to product enhancements.
- Orchestrate product execution such as gathering requirements and building product features with engineering while collecting metrics to determine success/failure of each release
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 3-5 years of experience in full life-cycle Product Management
- Previous experience in enterprise software, managing products for developer personas
- Technical expertise in SaaS application architecture and experience in building and/or using APIs to integrate enterprise systems
- Experience defining and driving the success of an integration platform. Enterprise application marketplace management a plus
- Proven stakeholder management skills working with a cross-functional team to influence and lead across all parts of the organization
- Proven experience working in a product driven company building a successful solution
- Previous experience presenting product vision, business results and driving collaborative discussion among large teams, to business stakeholders and executives
- Experience as a product owner in an agile environment
- Proven track record of delivering successful SaaS products required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a track record of measuring and reporting key performance indicators including revenue, market adoption, margin and up-sell/cross sell
- Superior communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. Excellent presentation skills for addressing large audiences and ability to evangelize the product in developer and partner community.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills and good business sense.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.