Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
The Build and Release Management team is a collaborative, fast-moving group that thrives in a diverse culture of rapid delivery, evolution, and innovation. We are looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for devops and automation to take a lead role in the build and test systems. The ideal candidate is someone who delights in designing tools and systems to help other developer & passionate about making a change for better operational efficiency.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- You will be working closely with Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Database Engineering (DBE), Product, Services and Support team to automate application builds for current and future products.
- Assist development teams in the implementation and customization of automated pipelines and enable self-service. Automate build/test/package/deploy/secure tasks via Continuous Integration/ Continuous deployment pipelines.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD). You can demonstrate measurable improvements in our delivery pipelines
- You are responsible for technical leadership and development of a framework that provides the facility for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for multiple initiatives
- Build automated release pipelines that package, test and deploy code
- Design, implement, support and scale server architecture on Microsoft Azure to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
- Build out and maintain a suitable tracking dashboards and metrics.
- Responsible for collaborating with teams to build code, manage issues, and successfully deploy the software. Assist engineers in managing version control branches/tags
- Provide day-to-day support to manage development tools, code repositories and utilities.
- Develop automated practices and recommend improvements
- Develop automation framework for software version migration that is integrated into a centralized infrastructure
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize builds, tests, and deployment workflows currently deployed, upgrading when necessary in the least disruptive manner
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test systems
- You use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, weekly patches, and daily changes in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience working in a Microsoft/AWS environment
- Experience working in a Windows & Linux environment
- Be extremely comfortable with Software version control tools like Git, Nexus Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems
- Use of Azure (CLI/API)
- Use of AWS (CLI/API)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
- Experience of using Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, Ruby or Go
- Experience with production monitoring, trending, and logging tools
- Experience with development of automated CI/CD pipeline
- Exposure to build frameworks such as MS Build, NuGet, Gradle, Maven
- Experience working with Automation Build tools like Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps
- Experience in deploying applications in Kubernetes cluster using docker images a plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to correlate system behaviors based on known interdependencies between those systems.
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be available to escalations related to the Accela DevOps automation framework.
- 1 or 2 years of relevant and progressive application development experience in .NET and/or Java – nice to have
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.