Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where do you fit:
As a software architect, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of critical features and components to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s cloud-based products, while collaborating with a team of peers. You will report directly to the CTO and be part of Accela’s Platform and Architecture Team responsible for providing the governance and standards of Accela’s architectural roadmap enabling the development teams to engineer in a more agile manner.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Be responsible for the evolution of the Accela Platform
- Drive new technology and software architecture
- Deconstruct monolithic application into containerized microservice architecture
- Expertly implement designs using modern programming practices
- Prepare accurate design and architecture reports for management and executive teams
- Coordinate with engineering and architecture team throughout the SLDC
- Coordinate with product development team in defining project scope and approaches
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner
- Diagram conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Analyse structural requirements for new software and applications
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of SOA
- 10+ years software development and design
- Experience from on-premise to SaaS software products
- Experience with highly customizable software products
- Experience decomposing complex data models
- Experience leading and organizing architecture processes
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with fault tolerant message queuing systems
- Experience with a variety of database solutions (RDBMS, NoSQL, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in Java
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Additional preferred experiences:
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Risk/Issue Management, design & presentation skills
- Microsoft Azure Architecture or equivalent public cloud experience
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.