Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Are you the consummate hunter? Like creating strategies and plans to win deals? Revel in the thrill of victory and driven by the agony of defeat? The one who wants the ball when the game is on the line because you are confident in your ability to deliver? If this describes you, then you are an ideal candidate for the Accela Strategic Solutions Business Development Executive position.
If you thrive in a rapid growth, rapid change environment where the world of possibilities motivates you to ever greater things, then we have the environment for you.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- The Accela Cannabis Strategic Solution Business Development Executive (CSS BDE) is a sales role combined with specific domain expertise. In this role you will work in concert with various Account teams, to sell the Accela “packaged”, cloud enabled, enterprise SaaS software and services to state and local government agencies regulating the legal, medical and recreational cannabis, and hemp industries.
- As a domain expert you will be expected to understand the prospect’s business issues, map these to solution differentiators, and create a high value proposal focused on delivering the desired outcome for you and the prospect.
- You, in concert with various Account teams, will maintain a 12-month rolling sales pipeline that ensures goals and quota are consistently achieved.
- Effective collaboration and communication with the Account team thru the entire sales cycle will also be a responsibility of this role. Leading the strategy and its execution, as agreed to by the Account team, may be required at times. Serving in a support role may be required at other times, depending on the overall opportunity structure. You will frequently operate in both modes simultaneously across multiple opportunities.
- Identifying and building relationships with key decision makers in prospect organizations will be critical to this role.
- As a domain expert you will frequently lead prospect facing meetings and presentations. You will strategize with your Solution Consultant whom will perform demonstrations in support your selling efforts.
- You will collaborate with Account and RFP Teams on RFP responses. This includes proposal strategy, executive summary preparation, pricing, and functionality responses.
- In collaboration with your Account team you will be expected to maintain up to date internal reporting of opportunity progress, stage, next steps, pricing, and close probability.
- You will work with other Accela staff members to ensure company and individual goals are attained.
- You will work with Accela business partners to ensure company, partner, and individual goals are attained.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to state and local government agencies or the private sector
- Successful sales history of meeting or exceeding assign quota.
- Proven track record of quickly gaining credibility, building relationships, and employing strategic selling skills at the Executive level.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills to a broad set of buying influences.
- Experience in team as well as solo selling.
- Experience in RFP preparation and presentation (Executive Summaries in particular).
- Experience in proposal creation and presentation.
- Experience in contract negotiations.
- Good understanding of enterprise software technology.
- Experience in selling software as SaaS and/or “on premise” solutions a plus.
- Proven agility – a good track record of sales success despite market shifts.
- Ability to quickly learn new product offerings and to articulate differentiating value that resonates with decision makers.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Disciplined, methodical approach to selling, self-motivated and focused on achievement.
- Ability to travel in excess of 50%
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office; CRM software (e.g. Salesforce), and established sales methodologies such as Miller Heiman is a plus.
- BA or BS in business administration, sales or marketing, or other education in areas that have prepared the candidate for the above requirements.
We are looking for competent Business Development Executives (BDE) to find and develop net new business opportunities in specific vertical markets within the government IT space.
In this position, as an “overlay” BDE, you will be expected to qualify prospects according to Accela’s established sales methodologies. As you engage with the prospect you will be expected to identify the problem(s) the prospect seeks to resolve and “map” that to the Accela software functionality and services that can address the identified problem(s). You will be expected to articulate the value of problem resolution by leveraging Accela differentiators. You will work in concert with others from the Accela sales team in these efforts. As you continue to develop the opportunity towards “closing” you will be working with many different departments within Accela to support you in winning the deal. Additionally, you will collaborate with the Accela Professional Services Department, so it is positioned to deploy the Accela solutions according to expectations you have established with the prospect during the sales process.
You will be responsible for achieving a sales quota that aligns with Accela’s business objectives and must maintain a long-term sales pipeline of qualified prospects while at the same time closing the business you have developed/matured.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.