Who Is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel motivated about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization.
Where you fit:
We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our growing team at our corporate headquarters in San Ramon, CA. This role will be responsible for the management of the contract administrative functions within the Company, including contract execution, management of the document management system and coordination of complex transactions. Additionally, the Contract Manager will provide first line review of certain commercial agreement, such as non-disclosure, vendor and transactional agreements. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, has excellent drafting and negotiating skills, has a sense of humor, and is a true team player. We are seeking candidates with relevant experience at an in-house legal department who can make an immediate impact.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Responsible for developing best practice processes, playbooks, and automation across all contract lifecycle.
- Draft, review and non-disclosure agreements, supplier and procurement agreements, compliance requests, and other commercial contracts.
- Primary administrator of Accela’s document management process.
- Liaise with finance, sales operations, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise.
- Serve as primary contact to address questions related to contract processes.
- Ad-hoc non-contracts legal department projects as may come up from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree is required, and additional education or qualifications preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years of in-house contract management experience.
- Ability to read, draft, and understand contractual terms; strong experience in redlining and negotiating agreements is required.
- Highly organized and self-driven, with a desire to grow with the company.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, dynamic company and able to engage at all levels of the company.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) match to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmers markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation