Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela has recently established a new development centre in Dublin, Ireland. You will be joining this team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Where do you fit:
As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and support of Accela’s new API Management Layer & third-party adapter framework, while coaching and nurturing junior engineers on the team. You will be part of a scrum team that develops new features and services, that seamlessly integrate with other Accela offerings.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
A key member of the API & Adapters scrum team
Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
Analyze complex system and business requirements
Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class
Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
10+ years of development experience as a Software Engineer
5+ years of experience in Java
3+ years of experience in .Net
Design and implementation experience of:
- Breaking up legacy monolithic systems into microservices
- Roll out API Orchestration / Management
- Implementation experience in RESTful API, SOAP Services
- Complex Java Enterprise Solutions
Additional preferred experiences:
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Knowledge of Payment processing, Payment integration and PCI compliance
- Knowledge of Cloud based architectures and Micro Services
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.