Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where You Fit:
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader, supporting the creation of high-value deliverables while helping the team progress towards self management and high performance. You are passionate about Agile, process improvement, and eliminating waste. You will manage multiple Scrum teams in a collaborative work environment to maximize efficiencies. As scrum master you will:
- Facilitate the Scrum ceremonies
- Coach the team and Product Owner in applying agile values and practices
- Remove team and external blockers to ensure team deliver on commitment. Shield the team from outside interference
- Responsible for helping multiple teams progress towards their stated goals and objectives in line with the team’s rules and agreements.
- A deep knowledge of Agile approaches including Scrum and the ability to leverage other techniques to provide value to the team
- Deep experience of Software Engineering especially Java programming
- Experience in working in a continuous delivery software production environment
- Skilled in working with Product Owners to help team understand and refine the Backlog in line with Customer requirements
- Strong coaching skills and the ability to understand and develop key aspects of collaboration as well as self and team development
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- The ability to build trust and openness in interactions within and outside the team
- Well-developed leadership and problem-solving skills, including the ability to help the team in handling failures and setbacks to the teams effective performance
- The ability to understand and to relate effectively to the business, technical and organizational context in which the team is operating
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to facilitate team learning and continuous improvement in operating Scrum and improving engineering practices
- Experience working in a SaaS environment with multiple scrum teams
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements
- 3rd level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Fluency in English
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
• Central Dublin Office Location
• 25 vacation days
• Ireland Standard Holidays
• Pension Contribution
• Supplemental Healthcare Package
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.